“Excellent in every way!”
Review of The Love Apple

The Love Apple
Ranked #4 of 128 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Excellent in every way!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Gourmet organic creative New Mexican dishes in a casual elegant dining room. Everything was cooked to perfection with a very delicate touch. Very sophisticated but comfortable.

• Visited May 2013

washington state
“Lucked out--- walked in without a booking...”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Delightful food using local ingredients mostly organic.

Located in an old church this may be the best place to eat in Taos.

Fancy people dining, We were there later in the off-season and got a table without a reservation. We heard several languages spoken. We ordered starters to share without entrees and a glass of wine and ran up a bill but the food was fabulous and it was the longest I'd spent in a church in years.

Nice story, the owner is a woman who has done restaurant and hospitality work for years, and opened this little place. Stunning flavors, nice atmosphere.

The only thing that put us off is so many well dressed DRUNK diners---we wanted to get out of there before they got onto the road! Would go back in a heart beat once I refilled my wallet. I doubt you can go without a booking, I have a feeling its reputation is well known regionally.

NO credit cards although she was kind to take an out-of-state check with no hassled---glad I had one!

• Visited March 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Highly Recommended by the locals”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for some creatie New Mexican food. Love this place. It is, of course, all fresh, all local. We started with gluten-free conrnbfread muffins for the table. I'm not on a glueten-free diet, but these muffins were so light and airy, they just might make me. I had the local salad, with strawberries and goat cheese. Perfect dressing, just a hint to lett the salad gtreens shine through. For entrees, we ordered the beef enchilada (not your Mexican restaurant enchilada, as it is served i a deep dish, to catch every bit of the juices and sauces, the blue chees and msuchroom quesadilla (an interesting failure) and chicken skewers. Dessert: chocolate cardammun pot de creme with promagranate seeds (I would have two o these if I could). For ambience, it is quiet and not pretentience. Perfect place for a tourist that doesn't dress up, but still wants an excellent meal.

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Busy and delicious”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a small and popular place. Be sure to make a reservation. They were turning people away on a Tuesday in April. Food really was good and portions were not over-sized. This worked against my friend and I as we like to share. Our bill for 2 with tip but no drinks was $67.

Visited April 2013
Denver, Colorado
““Fresh local ingredients, cozy rustic atmosphere, food could be better for price””
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I always go back again to give another chance and always find myself ordering the same thing, the chicken tacos with pumpkin seeds. I don't want to have a burger in a romantic atmosphere like this but I'm told they are good. I'm not a big fan of raw shredded beets on my salad. Cozy intimate ambience in old New Mexico church. Service is good, attentive, and friendly. Menu doesn't seem to follow any type of theme and is missing the fine execution of randomly combined ingredients for the price. The dining room is the wine cellar which makes for interesting decor. A bit over rated but worth the visit as one of the finer places to eat in Taos for the experience.

• Visited December 2012