“El Meze Still Shines”
Review of El Meze Restaurant

El Meze Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Meze Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 130 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hail Creek
Description: We are located in the El Torreon Hacienda built in 1847 which reflects our philosophy, our food and the historical influences of Taos. From June - September we have patio seating under a tent with twinkle lights and the most incredible view of Taos Mountain.
Houston, Texas, United States
“El Meze Still Shines”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

After little more than a year, I returned to El Meze to share in its delights with a good friend. No one was disappointed! The food was just as excellent this year as it was last year when we visited. This is not only the best restaurant in Taos, but one of the very best in the entire Southwest.

• Visited September 2013

wilmington, de
“Eat outdoors”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Make a reservation just before sunset, the view of the Mountain is fantastic! For dessert, order their fried whole donut covered in chocolate!

Visited October 2013
Chicago, IL
“Delicious Meal”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a lovely restaurant with great service. It is laid out in a series of small rooms so it feels intimate and comfortable. I can't remember what everyone in our group had, but I can tell you that I started with their little green salad (which came with a flavorful vinaigrette and blueberries) followed by the house-made pasta which came with fat noodles and a well-seasoned array of greens and manchego cheese. I finished with a dark chocolate cake. The wine-by-the-glass selection was good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

1 Thank MomRocco
Atlanta, Georgia
“Taos Fine”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

There aren't many fine dining places in Taos, so the town is lucky this is one of them. The food was creative and excellent, The service perfect. Get the roasted poblano and red pepper appetizer if its on the menu. Since I was huddled on the atmosphere-less patio next to a heater, I can't say much about the ambiance, but the food makes up for it. The wine list is small but has some nice selections at a reasonable price.

“I liked it”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have friends in Taos who took us to their favorite restaurant El Meze. The wait staff know our friends and had very personalized service, however by observing others during dinner I do not think that this was out of the ordinary. Being a transplanted NM to the Midwest I just had to order the chicharrones and Tamale; I was not disappointed. For what I received the pricing was very reasonable.