“Yolanda!”
Review of Taos Country Inn

Taos Country Inn
Ranked #15 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a charming and comfortable inn...and while there are many of these in the area, the reason to choose this over the others is Yolanda. She could not have been more warm, gracious and helpful. Once you find this inn (be sure to get good directions...it is hard to find!), she will make you feel right at home, like an old friend. We hated to leave!

Room Tip: We found that the inn's web site was very helpful and accurate in helping us choose a room.
Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 29, 2013

When we drove down the many winding roads, we wondered if we had missed a turn. When we saw Karavas Road and finally drove over the old wooden bridge and rounded the corner, we felt a sense of coming home. This is a beautiful place that has been modified to accommodate weary travelers. If you like sterile, stainless steel boxes where everything is boring, this place is not for you. If you like large, sweeping views of old Taos and views of the mountains; if you like almost two feet thick walls; if you like beautiful flower beds and shade trees and a large suite filled with soft, warm colors, a fireplace and beautiful carved wood and tiles, then you will love the Taos Country Inn. The light coming in from the windows and the skylights is so clear and bright that you just smile...and then there is your host, Yolanda. She welcomes you as an old friend, and you never want to leave. We made new friends at breakfast and discovered that there are many repeat visitors.
I would describe the breakfast as gracious continental with a presentation of fresh fruit, a granite cheese board with a yummy selection of cheese, homemade granola, flaked coconut, a Nambe pitcher of cold milk, coffee, teas, juice and a hot dish such as homemade blueberry pancakes, cooked by Yolanda and brought out to us after we finished our fruit course.
You might find an occasional crack in one of the tiles and you might find that sometimes the wood doors stick (like when it rains). This is all part of the charm. We noticed that most people wanted to be outside, walking around the grounds or sitting in one of the patios. The mood is mellow, relaxing and needed by all of us.
We will be among the repeat customers. It was two days and nights of bliss.

Room Tip: With the exception of one room, all are on the main floor. Look at the Taos Country Inn website for...
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Three days prior to our arrival, Yolanda called me to let me know that she didn't have a room for me because "the girl forgot to put your reservation in the book". I was shocked as I had made the reservation 2 weeks ago. She then proceeded to tell me that I would get my money back but that I needed to call Orbitz to let them know. Then she went on to say that she could refer us to some other comparable establishments in Taos. When I collected myself I informed her that I was not at home and didn't have any information about my booking to call Orbitz and that since she cancelled the reservation the least she could do would be to contact the booking agency to ask them to return my payment and find me another place to stay. After going back and forth with her, she finally agreed to contact Orbitz and find another place that we could stay. She called back later and informed me that she had called the booking agency to inform them of the cancellation and had found another place with room to accommodate us. I asked her at that point when she received the other booking that took precedence over ours. She did not give me an answer. Given that the Inn has only 8 rooms, the fact that Yolanda can't keep her bookings straight is at best a reflection of her disorganization and poor management and at worst a reflection of unethical business practices. I suspect that what really happened is that someone booked directly with the Inn which meant that she didn't have to share the fee with Orbitz and she decided to bump our reservation. So, beware, just because you book here, you may not be guaranteed a room.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julie c
Reviewed September 23, 2013

All Bed & Breakfast establishments should be run by people like Yolanda. She's a great hostess, friendly like she's known you forever and a font of information. The Inn itself is indeed in the country so you need to keep a close lookout for the drive, but it's seclusion adds to the charm. It's very clean and spacious, the rooms are excellent and the food wonderful Strongly recommended..

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We recently followed up a great stay in Santa Fe with an equally enjoyable experience at the Taos Country Inn. The location was outstanding—in the country, of course, but not that far from town. The inn and the grounds were beautiful, and the room was spacious and comfortable. Yolanda greeted us like old friends and was a wealth of information on the area. We just needed more time to work our way through her numerous dining suggestions. We look forward to returning to Taos and the Taos Country Inn.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I enjoyed out stay at Taos Country Inn. I like being out of town in the quiet. The room was wonderful, clean roomy and tastefully decorated. I would recommend this place to anyone. Yolanda is a wonderful host with lots of local information.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Go see Yolanda! She will take great care of you and you'll have no regrets. Very nice & spacious rooms just a few minutes drive from the town center. Nothing bad to say about this place. We arrived late on motorcycles and Yolanda left the lights on for us. We were most pleasantly greeted in the breakfast area the next morning. This is a very old and well kept adobe home. Our rooms each had their own exterior door as well as adobe style fireplaces. Comfortable bed, great shower, nice towels and even bath robes provided if you feel the need to use one. The well water is delicious and Yolanda encouraged us to fill our water bottles before leaving, which we did. As someone else mentioned, the TV was on the smaller and older side by today's standards, but it's adequate as no one should be spending that much time viewing the TV in a beautiful place like this. We just wish we had more time to stay longer. - Adam, Michelle & Brian

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms to the far right when facing the front, but got a personal tour of this most...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends