El Pueblo Lodge(Taos)(Great Value!)
$150
$130
The Historic Taos Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
$129
$89
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

$249
$129
$160
$179
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $215/night.

$165
All reviewsred riversanta fekitchenettegroundsnm
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We've found the place following the Routard guide advice. We stayed one night on august 2009. We've been happy for the choice, the room was quite original, nice and clean, the staff courteous. They have a ground with some tables where we stayed during sunset relaxing and drinking a glass of wine. We arrived on sunday, so the price was low (60$). Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2009

It was nice to stay in an independently owned motel. The motel is attractive with beautiful plants and flowers. Because the motel was booked and we wanted to stay more than one night, for a small charge we upgraded to the only room available for multiple night stays, a room with a kitchenette. The room was lovely and comfortable, with a beautiful tile bathroom. No one was picking the apricots falling off the trees outside the room, so with permission we picked them and feasted on fresh apricots. They do not serve breakfast, but this is not a problem since one of the delights of Taos is dining at Michael's Kitchen. The motel was a gem, the cost below others in the area. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2009

My husband and myself wanted a getaway night and booked it here(Adobe Sun God Lodge) ,but were called away in an emergancy. While checking in when we got a phone call that we were wanted at the birth of our grandchild (who was born14days early). So as any grandparent would do we told the person at the front desk this and he told us he COULD NOT do anything for us we had to call the reservation line. But get this he could not give us the number to call to cancel our reservations, and needless to say we paid for a room ($89.00)we did not use.(and we did call the manager with NO CALL BACK!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
judyintaos, manager at Sun God Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2009

Right off the bat I would like to congratulate you on the birth of a grandchild. I do have several and they are a true blessing to my life.
I am sorry that happened to you. However, you did not book the reservation with us. You used an internet booking company. They were the ones you would have to call to cancel. If I had canceled it for you I would still have had to pay their fee. This is how they make their money, a fee from us.
We do not know the phone numbers your were given when you made the reservation, to change or cancel it. That is not what we do.
I am sorry again but some things are out of my hands and internet bookings are one of them.

Reviewed August 10, 2009

I don't normally report on lodging but felt compelled to after our stay at the Sun God. We booked the Sun God for two nights after reading some of the favorable comments on the TripAdvisor website, plus the price was very reasonable. Traveling with 2 teenagers, we selected a two room suite. I booked directly with the lodge and was told that I could not get an e-mail confirmation (I later found out that this was not true).

We got to Taos early and were not able to check in, which was OK. I was told they were still cleaning the room and it would be ready in about 45 minutes. No big deal. We looked around the city for a while before returning. When we made it to the room it would have been nice if they had left the air conditioning unit on in anticipation of our arrival - they did not, and it was very hot in the suite.

The entire suite was old and tired and in need of a good cleaning. It just felt dirty. It was a one bedroon with two double beds in the bedroom and a pull-out couch in the living room. It did have a kiva fireplace in the main area which was a nice touch. We asked the front desk for some linens for the pull-out couch and were told that we could probably get some sheets but we would not be able to get a pillow. This was a little strange (I would have thought linens would have already been in the room) since they advertised the room as a two room suite with a sleeping area in the living room.

There was a single air conditioning unit in the back bedroom that did not cool the front "living room" area of the unit, even on high. The bathroom door would not close unless you slammed it or pushed hard on it and the suitcase rack in the bedroom was broken. Picky - I guess, but we were expecting so much more.

We had booked for two nights but cancelled the second. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay about a mile and a half from the town square and don't mind some of these inconveniences I've mentioned, then by all means, stay here. Needless-to-say we will not be back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2009

This charming lodge has a friendly staff, beautifully manicured grounds....just wished they'd take care of their rooms as well as they do the grounds...rooms were not very clean...heater vents were pretty bad. We checked Trip advisor before booking and almost all the reviews were good, but as soon as we walked into the room... we were very taken back....check the rooms carefully!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends