“Great spot to stay the night in Taos”
Review of Sun God Lodge

Sun God Lodge
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Save your money and stay here. The rooms are very comfortable, with kitchy NM style decorations, but clean and nice. The grounds are pretty.. even if it is right across the street from Walmart, which is convenient more than a hassle. Quick drive to the plaza, a great spot for a night or two.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 1, 2014

A comfortable room in a main road motel 2 miles from the centre. Newer sheets and towels and improved housekeping would significantly enhance this property.

Upstairs rooms at the back 142-7 & 154-9 are worth the additional $5 we paid.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I initially booked 1 night at the Sun God Lodge, but had such a pleasant and peaceful experience there, I stayed another night. The proprietors and their employees could not have been more helpful and courteous. The place was perfect -- centrally located yet set back enough for peace and quiet. The hot tub was great, the amenities great and the folks, particularly, Joe were so much better than I ever could have imagined . . . and all for an extremely affordable price for just about any budget. Oh, yeah, my dog absolutely loved the place too -- probably why I stayed another night! Seriously, you will not go wrong staying at the Sun God. Any time I am in Taos, I will always, without exception, stay here at the Sun God. I really loved my stay there, and the folks running the place were some of the nicest, most helpful folks you'll ever meet.

Room Tip: Any room will serve ya well!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Franz F
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I had the best experience at this charming adobe style lodge. The management and employees went above and beyond. For example, I asked for a comfortable "reading chair" and they brought me the managers own wing back chair! My room was spotless and comfortable. It was quiet at night and in a great location. I cannot recommend this great little lodge more strongly. MKB

Room Tip: My room was in the back across from the hot tub...great location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Really decent and good price. Friendly, attuned staff. Room was just fine. The hot tub is outside and tiny. Four people maximum. A real bonus is the local coffee shop across the street. Excellent coffee and breakfast offerings there. I definitely recommend this motel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M J B
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I came to the Sun God Lodge after having the misfortune of wrecking my car in Taos. The proprietors were incredibly friendly, and after learning of my situation, they went above and beyond to accommodate me and to help me through my troubling situation. It is a lovely little property and I found my room to be cozy and comfortable and a great value. Thanks for everything, Gasper!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We had a great rate for last minute at high season. I prefer to support Mom and Pop establishments but the room needed a thorough vacuuming. I did not get bed bugs.. good luck, next tenant. They will not earn my repeat business.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple