El Pueblo Lodge(Taos)(Great Value!)
$150
$130
The Historic Taos Inn(Taos)(Great Value!)
$129
$89
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$249
$224
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $259/night.

$149
$160
$179
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$165
All reviewsred riversanta fekitchenettegroundsnm
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was my first visit to Taos, New Mexico. I was very pleased with my accommodations at the Sun God Lodge. This is an older motel or lodge built, I believe, in 1958. It had the feel of days gone by yet provided everything we needed to be comfortable and happy. The managers, Gasper and Cindy Miera, were very helpful, polite, and welcoming. The place gave us the feel of a lodge, the views were nice, and the smell of the outdoors surrounded us. The location is convenient, it is easy to locate, and it is clean and fairly priced. Visit Taos. You'll never forget it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kathryn D
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We rolled into Taos on motorcycles after an extremely long hot day of riding, someone at a local restaurant referred us to Gasper and Cindy at Sun God Lodge, what a huge blessing!!! We were treated with such respect and kindness, it was difficult to leave the next day, we so wanted to stay another night, but the road was calling for us. What friendly staff, wonderful freebies in the lobby for munching on, free coffee and wonderful cucumber lemon ice water, many amenities I hadn't seen at other motels/hotels, they even referred us to a wonderful little local restaurant for some authentic southwestern breakfast the morning we left. I will definitely be returning to the Sun God Lodge, Gasper and Cindy were phenomenal hosts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peace - Kendra (Minnesota)

Room Tip: We were in the back, upper level, nice quiet deck, near the hot tub, exceptional quality room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kendra S
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I made the reservation based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was a good choice. The hotel was very nice. After check-in I found out the basic room had only a ceiling fan and no A/C. I upgraded to a room with A/C for $10 more/night. I must have missed this when making the booking through an external site. Management was very understanding and moved me without issue. I later realized the ceiling fan probably would have been sufficient and actually left only the fan on both nights.

The rooms were nice and comfortable. The Manager who checked me in remembered my name throughout my stay and was very welcoming. On Thursday night (July 4) I stood at the side of the hotel along with other guests and the hotel managers and enjoyed the fireworks display. The Managers were very friendly and made sure I enjoyed my stay.

The only real issue I had was that the Wifi in the rear building I was in for the A/C was pretty weak. I could get some coverage in the parking lot but little to none in my room. For Internet, I sat in the grassy area out front where signal was very good. But, this was just a minor inconvenience and I will likely stay here again on future visits.

Overall I was very happy with my lodging and would not hesitate to recommend the Sun God Lodge to friends and family.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jay R
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a wonderful time on our trip to NM for the Red River motorcycle rally! The staff at Sun God Lodge was fantastic, so helpful! Room was clean...small but that's all we need...and the little extras in the room and at the front desk are great! :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank April M
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed three nights at this motel (6/10/2013 to 6/13/2013). I was assigned room 126.

I found the window unlocked, this is a ground level room.

The room is small with two night stands, but no table or desk, and one chair that is not in great shape.

The room does not have AC, it has a ceiling fan. Since it has cooled down the ceiling fan is keeping me cool.

The queen size bed is comfortable.

The carpeted area is not super clean, more attention needs to be paid behind the room furniture.

This room is too small and needs more counter space or table top space to set items on.

On the morning of June 11, 2013, I packed up my things and went to the front desk to be reassigned a room with AC (air conditioning). Yesterday, when I checked in the woman at the desk told me they would have a room with AC today when a group of people check out. They gave me room 150.

Room 150 has AC, is bigger, has a table with 2 chairs, and a ceiling fan too. It is much better than the last room, but also needs to be vacuum cleaned.

The water pressure and spray pattern in the shower needs to be improved.

Room Tip: I always check to make sure the window is locked, ~ 25% of the time I find the window unlocked.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo