Sagebrush Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Reviewed December 2, 2009

Great local feeling for a reasonable price. Loved the authentic adobe feel. There are trees in the courtyard! Great breakfast. Can't recommend it enough.

Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank xpcv
Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed November 20, 2009

My husband and I come to Taos often to work with our brother-in-law, owner of Taos Valley Honey. usually we bunk with him, so needing a hotel in Taos was a new experience for us. We feel we totally lucked out with the Sagebrush. Our room was spacious and incredibly clean. The staff were authentically friendly - it's evident that this is a well-run and well-loved establishment because even the staff seemed happy to be there. Even our German shepard was treated with welcome! I had read in other reviews that the breakfast was great, and it truly was. No measly day-old bagels here. Good fresh eggs, cooked to order, crisp hashbrowns AND breakfast is served til 11AM so sleeping in is no big deal. This is good because the bar has live music so you'll want to stay up, but when you're ready to hit the sack the rooms are blissfully quiet. We may not stay with my bro-in-law ever again! Thanks to everyone at the Sagebrush for the excellent hospitality!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nectarofthegods
Reviewed October 28, 2009

This was a really cool place to stay in Taos. This was actually our second stay here. Our first visit was for the 2008 Solar Music Fest and we actually had a celebrity sighting here!

The building is very pretty and it has a nice court yard. Walking to our room through the cantina and arches felt like a step back in time. Each time we've had rooms on the 2nd level; the balcony views at entry are very nice. The rooms are rustic and the decor is typical Taos. Some of the ammenites aren't the most modern. I didn't like the weak spray from the shower head and the rooms were kind of dark. The beds were comfortable enough. There was a nice private balcony area in the back. The outdoor pool is nice and there is a large indoor hot tub that's great to warm up in. We enjoyed a nice sit down breakfast that was served to us in the morning. The history and charm of the Sagebrush make this place a worth while stay in Taos.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ojimram
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I've visited Taos many times, and stayed in private home rentals, B&B's, The Taos Inn, and camped. This was my first stay at the Sagebrush Inn and I LOVED IT and so did my husband. I'd booked a room for my mother at the Sagebrush a month ago because she was traveling with her dog, and this seemed to be one of the best pet-friendly options in Taos. She raved about the place, and so my husband and I decided to take advantage of one of their Fall Getaway packages on our trip in early October.

The package was an unbelievable deal, but even without the off-season breaks, I'd come back here. We stayed in one of the older rooms on the courtyard (#109) and it had, in my opinion, a wonderful combination of old and new: rustic viga ceilings, Mexican tile bathrooms, wooden door that opened onto a large courtyard, comfy quilt covered bed, plus a great TV and free wifi. We took advantage of the hot tub off the courtyard, and enjoyed the live country western band and the dancing in the stunning old bar at night. Breakfast was served by friendly waitresses in a beautiful, sunny, dining room decorated with fine western art: the five meal choices that are free with your room were great (we had scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, home fries, red chili sauce, juice and coffee). We dined one night in the hotel dining room--an historic room decorated with original art, and with huge fireplaces blazing--and had a delicious, and very reasonably priced, steak dinner with wine (I always appreciate when a wine list doesn't gouge you).

The Sagebrush has a lot of history, wonderful pueblo-style architecture, and a fabulous collection of art. If you prefer a newer room, you can request one in the newer section, but I just adore historic hotels and motels from the early-mid twentieth century, and I was in heaven here. If you want a brand new chain motel, you can find that in Taos, but that's not for me!

If you are coming to Taos without a car (not something I'd recommend, by the way--it would be tough to get to Taos Pueblo, the Millicent Rogers Museum, or the Gorge without a car), you might want to stay in a hotel in the Plaza area. But if you have a car to get to all the cultural, historic, and natural sights in the Taos area, the Sagebrush is a terrific choice, in a great location, at an excellent price.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank jodelino
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Stayed 2 nights in what was probably one of the original rooms. Loved it! The room was complete with log timbers ceiling, ornate silver lights, antique furnishings, plus an LCD tv. The bathroom was a totally separate room with large Mexican floor tiles and medium sized Mexican tiles for tub/shower surround. The breakfast room had fabulous artwork and decor. The wait staff was very prompt in bringing you the best complimentary hot breakfast I've ever had. You could select one of 4 choices. The inn also had a large room with a bar where a band played Friday and Saturday night. There was an additional large dining room. I spent a lot of time deliberating options before I selected the Sagebrush. We wanted the adobe/southwest experience and were totally satisfied! I'd go back in a heartbeat. Why pick a chain when you can savor atmosphere at the Sagebrush?

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We requested one of the original rooms and were so disappointed to be put into one of the huge condo-like suites, I know it was a terrific upgrade but we had glimpsed the adorable cottage-like rooms from the original building and really wanted to stay there, my spouse is a motion picture designer so it was a tragedy for him ! We were very tired having driven from LA and were rather grumpy and rude, but Christy was delighful and put up with us and got us into one of the original rooms for the next two nights of our stay. What a lovely , romantic place this is with the sage all around and the gorgeous dining and breakfast room, with a better art collection than any of the galleries in Taos. If you have a yen for older, retro, well-designed rooms stay in the original buildings if you just want a huge space then by all means stay in the newer rooms with the reproductions of the lovely old Taos style , you will miss out on a rare gem though.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EMAWEST
Reviewed September 30, 2009

This was my first stay at the Sagebrush Inn,we always stay at a vacation rental home. We stayed in a perfect home last spring and tried to book it for the Fall but it was already booked.

Everything at the Sagebrush was perfect from the fast check in,our room and the cooked to order breakfast in the morning. Thje breakfast was much better than I ever expected. There is plenty of parking. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business