“New Proprietors. Sadly”

Sagebrush Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Taos
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Was disappointed to learn that change made some systems not coordinate. Previously we had been able to find another guest or have a room connected. Desk seemed unwilling or unable to accommodate. No longer affiliated with a chain and signage is NOT clear. Keep trying!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Delftglass
Mark N, General Manager at Sagebrush Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

I am certainly distressed that you experienced less than a great place to stay. Please know that we are in the beginning phases of a major upgrade here at the Sagebrush Inn and invite you to come back in the future to see what we've done with this exceptional Hotel! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review!

Respectfully,

Mark Najera

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel was not a good place to stay. The facility looked as though built in the 1930's and not updated much. Their picture on the internet showed a much newer facility on the property.
The air condition unit was beat up and roared so much that I could not hear the TV on in higher volume settings and kept us awake. Also, the ceiling had log rafters and the ceiling was the wooden floor of the room above. The people above us came in and walked around all night and of course it came right through to our room and kept us awake all night. No sleep all night.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TimwaterArcher
Mark N, General Manager at Sagebrush Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Thank you for your review as we welcome both good and bad reviews. I am certainly saddened to hear that your stay was not a good one and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. I welcome you to give us another try if you come back to Taos as we are in the beginning stages of an upgrade here and I am confident your next stay will meet your expectations. We do hope to see you again!

Respectfully,

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay. Rooms are nice and jacuzzi was awesome.Breakfast excellent. We live close by but felt like a couple getaway and could not ask for anything more pleasant then my stay here at Sagebrush.

Room Tip: Courtyard is pet friendly
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and writing such an awesome review! On behalf of my staff, we thank you and welcome you back to see even more positive changes the Sagebrush Inn is about to go through. Thank you for recognizing the charm the Sagebrush offers all our guests.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We've been staying at Sagebrush Inn on and off for 20 years...whenever we get to Taos. It's the same as ever this year....and hope it never changes. Rooms are cozy and comfortable...and they're VERY dog friendly. We wanted a quiet dinner...and decided to stay in....wife had the best prime rib I've ever seen....and my steak was over the top....absolutely superb! Not pricy....not crowded...and breakfast (the full thing) was included in the room rate. Would I do it again...or would I try someplace else? It's a no brainer....we'll return time and again...it was just plain relaxing....only the next time we'll stay for more than one night!!

Room Tip: Make sure you get one of the older ones...with the super fireplaces...and ROOMY!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Debra S, General Manager at Sagebrush Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Jack B,
It means so much when you share your experience at the Sagebrush Inn to others looking to come to the Taos area. We are looking forward to some updates this year to keep your experience a great one for your future visits. As a frequent visitor please let us know if you have any suggestions that could have improved your stay.

Thank you for your loyalty to the Sagebrush
Debra.Stout@prismhotels.com

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I had an Assessor's affiliate meeting in Taos last week. The Assessor from Taos set up three motels we were able to rent close to our meetings. I chose the Sagebrush because I was told that this facility was a nice place to stay. Unfortunately our room was a dump!!! The room was very outdated and musty smelling. The bed was old and my wife's back hurt the next day after sleeping on the old bed. The Assessor from Taos deserves an apology from the motel for allowing here guests to be insulted with such a poor facility. I checked out the following morning and rented a room at a nearby motel for the same price. I will never advise anyone to stay at this facility when we have meetings in Taos. I guess I should have requested my money back after I saw the room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Debra S, General Manager at Sagebrush Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Paul B,
I'm very sorry your experience at the Sagebrush Inn was not a pleasant one. We have recently had an ownership change and will be updating the rooms this year including new mattresses. We certainly do not want you to pay for such an unpleasant experience and if you would like to contact me with your room information we will be happy to compensate you. I hope you will consider stopping in next year if you are in the area and see the improvements.

Debra.Stout@Prismhotels.com

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay while in Taos. Our room was very rustic, said to be built in the early 1900's with a little fireplace. It made our night very relaxing. The staff was very friendly and eager to make sure your stay was grand. It is not downtown, but I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Michael Q,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sagebrush Inn. We are a piece of Taos History and hope to share the uniqueness of our property with guests such as yourself. If there was anything we could have done to improve your stay please let me know.

Debra.stout@prismhotels.com

Reviewed April 20, 2014

For our day trip to Taos, we decided to stay @ Sagebrush Inn with our pet this mid-April. We stayed in the older section in one of the Fireplace Rooms. What I enjoyed about the hotel is the old charm of the hotel, the hot breakfast in the morning, and the ample space to walk our pet. Our room was a dated but charming room. This room was more like rooms we stayed in when we traveled in Europe. There weren't many people here but when we were at Taos, there wasn't many people in the town anyways and the ski season was already over. So if you are looking for a pristine hotel, this isn't the hotel for you. If you are looking for a hotel with character, give Sagebrush a try.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank gilbert9876
Debra S, General Manager at Sagebrush Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Gilbert,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sagebrush Inn. We find Trip advisor a wonderful tool for travelers to learn about our hotel. We are looking forward to many updates this year and hope you will be able to visit us again this fall . Our goal is for all guests to be able to give us "excellents" on our scores. If you have any suggestions that could have improved your stay please let us know.

Debra.Stout@prismhotels.com