The inn's web site gives an accurate view of each room and in our case, understated the amount of room we ended up having - which included a tv in the bedroom as well as the sitting room.
The room decoration made it feel like we were in New Mexico. A bonus was the GRANTA books and various travel magazines left in our room so I had a nice selection of reading material.
BUT, the stairway up to room was very narrow and the only thing worse than going up was....going down.
The inn keeper was also determined to show us everything avaialbe in the place which was nice,,,,,but she kept on answering the phone so what should have been a 5 minute tour turned into a 20 minute drag.
Breakfast was also a lovefest among the other guests, trading their present and past gourmet feasts- sorry, it just wasn't really interesting to me who abhors spending $50 for an elk steak, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the ambience of our quaint and colorful adobe inn. Our rooms are richly decorated in the Taos tradition and feature a large collection of fine art, Native American and Spanish antiques.Located in the heart of the historic downtown area, just a few steps off the old plaza. Recommended by The New York Times and USA Today. Featured on The Travel Channel series "Romantic Inns Of America". "The Essence of Old Taos". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Hotel Taos
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed And Breakfast