“Great place, location and hosts.”

and 1 more site!
La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 23 Taos B&B and Inns
durant ok
“Great place, location and hosts.”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

I would recomend this Inn to anybody who likes cozy romantic settings vs a Comfort Inn sterile type atmosphere. We arrived late but our host and owener "Paco" was easily reached by a convienient phone and was there within about 60 seconds. He then gave us the grand tour as well as getting us set up in our cozy room and provided us with some wood to make a romantic fire in the Kiva fireplace. Paco is a single dad but you would never know he was jujling getting kids around as well as taking care of his guests. My wife missed the wonderful breakfast because she felt bad due to the altitude change. This didn't pose a challange because the cook said she would make her breakfast whenever she got up. We also had to check out a little bit late but "Paco" was understanding and friendly about our stay. What a great place and wonderful host and staff. James and Katherine Durant OK

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Denver
Reviewed December 26, 2009

We spent 3 nights in the Santiago room to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. Great room - had a pinon-wood fire and a jacuzzi hot tub every night. The whole Inn is very SouthWest and well appointed.

Paco and his staff were extremely friendly and helpful, even securing fresh flowers for our room. Not wanting to drive everywhere, we were very thankful that we could walk only a few blocks to galleries and restaurants (Doc Martin's and Graham's Grill were great choices).

Thank you Paco, Jen, and Jen for a great getaway...

Will and Linda Piper

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin
Reviewed November 22, 2009

For my birthday this year, I decided to treat myself to a Taos getaway. I scoured the Internet for the perfect B&B. I found many sites but I kept returning to La Doña's . There was a genuine warmth in the site's pages that was then matched by Paco's smile and laugh as we chatted the night I checked in. And that genuine warmth continued during my stay over the next few days. The love and dedication that Paco has for his B&B, his guests and their stay are obvious. He goes out of his way to make them feel at home as does Linda, the lovely La Doña employee who carefully sets up the delicious breakfast offerings every morning as if one were dining in her own home.

From the breakfast chats with Paco, Linda and the other B&B guests to hours spent strolling downtown Taos only a short distance away to settling in at night in the cozy Yellow Bird Deer Room in front of a crackling fire, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday setting. My time at La Doña and Taos were exactly what I had hoped for. I look forward to returning next year. In the meantime, I encourage all others to book their Taos stay at La Doña. It will be all that you hoped for, too.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
MS
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We were so happy with our stay at La Dona Luz Inn on Oct 22. The room was large, the fireplace was great and the service was much better than I have received at other B& B's. Paco took the time to tell us about several choice of restaurants in the area and chatted with us like we were old family home for a visit. Just a great place with great people! We will be back!

Killingworth, CT
Reviewed November 3, 2009

The first leg of our honeymoon was Taos, New Mexico. It was the perfect kick off to our trip - the location is right in town where you can walk to EVERYTHING. A winery tasting room, historical museums/sites, galleries, amazing restaurants and more were right around the corner. Paco was great and made wonderful restaurant recommendations.
We stayed in the Rainbow Room, which is a must for a romantic getaway. You can soak in the private rooftop hot tub with mountain views during the day and stars at night. I can't imagine staying anywhere else if I return to Taos.

Michigan
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Advertised as "The Essence of Old Taos," the La Dona Luz Inn is the height of days gone by with all the modern conveniences. The authenticity of the Native American and Spanish Art was second only to the genuiness and warmth of its owner, Paco Castillo, and his wonderful staff. HIs family has a long-standing presence in Taos, which shows in Paco's love for his Inn and the area. I stayed in the lovely Yellow Bird Deer Room with a kiva fireplace, french doors overlooking a courtyard, and art pieces that soothed my soul. I felt pleasantly cocooned in the space. It was a rare treat to be able to walk out the door and visit the plaza and shops nearby. There are plenty of maps and, of course, Paco's extensive knowledge of the area to assist in one's visit. Stay here and go away feeling you have touched the essence of Taos, it's friendly people and hospitality.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Seattle, Wa
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I had a wonderful stay at this charming B & B. Paco and the staff were friendly and warm. My room was cozy and the bed was the best I slept on during my week's travels. I will definately stay here again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo