My husband and I had only one night to stay in Taos so I did a lot of research trying to find an authentic and wonderful place. I chose La Dona Luz and splurged on the most expensive room that had a private rooftop jacuzzi. We loved the time we spent under the stars looking down on Taos, sipping champagne and watching the snowflakes fall (the temp. in the jacuzzi was perfect!) Our room was incredible, two stories of perfectly clean and wonderfully comfortable decor and artifacts - truly this place is both a museum and an incredible experience. In all ways I found it to be a bargain. I loved our simple breakfast and the wonderful conversation shared with the staff. I was so interested in this place the delightful lady at the front desk took my husband and I on a tour of all of the rooms (the place was virutally empty in early December.) We will be going back with our two kids this October - this is a perfect place for a family to spread out - there are quite a few rooms able to accommodate four or more people. If you like art, especially folk art, you have to check this place out - it's an artistic explosion! I love to travel and have stayed in all kinds of places all over the world; few compare to the experience this wonderful, funky place provides. If you like to really experience your environment and create wonderful memories, check it out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the ambience of our quaint and colorful adobe inn. Our rooms are richly decorated in the Taos tradition and feature a large collection of fine art, Native American and Spanish antiques.Located in the heart of the historic downtown area, just a few steps off the old plaza. Recommended by The New York Times and USA Today. Featured on The Travel Channel series "Romantic Inns Of America". "The Essence of Old Taos". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Hotel Taos
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed And Breakfast