We stayed here for three nights recently and had mixed feelings about the place. The positives: great location, just steps away from Taos Plaza, and with distant mountain views from our windows. The room was quite large, and well fitted out with two queen sized beds, separate sitting room etc. My misgivings relate to an overall impression that it was generally rundown and could have been much cleaner. The covers on the beds were very worn and felt gritty; and we were not given a doona, just a very thin blanket, inadequate for the night temperature. Fittings, veranda floors etc were dusty and the place just seemed generally neglected. The hosting was similarly a bit disinterested and unengaging. We appreciated the individuality of the decor, and the work that had gone into making a unique environment, but in the end were left wishing that we'd made a different choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the ambience of our quaint and colorful adobe inn. Our rooms are richly decorated in the Taos tradition and feature a large collection of fine art, Native American and Spanish antiques.Located in the heart of the historic downtown area, just a few steps off the old plaza. Recommended by The New York Times and USA Today. Featured on The Travel Channel series "Romantic Inns Of America". "The Essence of Old Taos". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Hotel Taos
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed And Breakfast