We stayed at Dona Luz for just two nights but would have enjoyed more. The place is filled with art, the rooms are thoughtfully decorated and maintained, and the location is terrific just a block from the Plaza but very quiet. We stayed in the Santiago room and found it very quiet. The room was plenty large with a couch, chair, coffee table and fireplace. It's not like a lot of rooms that are smaller than the photo makes it appear. The owner's family is from Taos so we enjoyed hearing some history of the building and area.
The Oct 24th review does not describe our experience with the owner Paco at all. Paco was very warm and welcoming with us and the other guests. He even went out to buy a bottle of champagne for us when a friend had called in to ask him to do for us. He is a single dad with two sons so he does have responsibilities in his adjacent home as well. After his sons were off to school Paco sat with us at breakfast and is just the nicest person. He puts a lot of energy into his business, and his cook Elena was very friendly as well.
Now that we're at a B&B in Santa Fe we are missing all that we enjoyed at the Dona Luz.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delight in the ambience of our quaint and colorful adobe inn. Our rooms are richly decorated in the Taos tradition and feature a large collection of fine art, Native American and Spanish antiques.Located in the heart of the historic downtown area, just a few steps off the old plaza. Recommended by The New York Times and USA Today. Featured on The Travel Channel series "Romantic Inns Of America". "The Essence of Old Taos". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Hotel Taos
- La Dona Luz Inn, An Historic Bed And Breakfast