“Good Burgers!”

Ranked #13 of 130 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Description: "Best Burger in New Mexico" - USA Today. 5 Star serves hormone and antibiotic free Angus beef from Creekstone Farms, fresh ground daily and char grilled to desired temperature. We also offer specialty salads and sandwiches complimented by a great selection of beer and wine. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available. Happy Hour food and drink specials 4-6 pm daily. Locally sourced produce and environmentally friendly packaging. Children's Menu.
Taos, New Mexico
“Good Burgers!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Good burgers. Nice selection from standard classic hamburger to bison burgers to crab cakes and a vegetarian option as well. Service was good. Fries were extra! At the prices they charge, I think fries should be included. Nice plus--beer or wine in a burger place.

Visited December 2013
Five S, Owner at 5 Star Burgers, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Hello Carole1911. Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate the feedback and look forward to serving you again soon.

Casper
“Burger Heaven”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I love green chile and I love burgers and the green chile cheeseburger that they serve at 5 Star Burgers is excellent! I would drive to Taos again just to have another. Also, be sure to get their french fries and ask for some of the green chile mayo to dip your fries into! The waitress suggested this and I am so glad that she did!

• Visited January 2014
Five S, Owner at 5 Star Burgers, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hi Randy

Thanks for the heavenly review! Can't go wrong with a green chile cheeseburger. Just a heads up, we also have locations in Santa Fe and Albuquerque if you need your burger fix.

Thanks
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Very Good”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I don't know how many times I've past Five Star Burgers in Taos and haven't seen the building. It is very humble in looks and is easy to pass. Inside is the surprise. The staff is friendly and smiling. I ordered an Old Timer with green chile which had some heat. Yea. The fries came fresh and hot. My waitperson checked on me often to refill water and make sure I was enjoying my meal, but not in an intrusive way. I'll be going back.

• Visited January 2014
Five S, Owner at 5 Star Burgers, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hi NMHiker1

Glad you found us! We appreciate the business and hope to see you again. The Old Timer burger is even better after a long hike!

Thanks
“Reviews won me over!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We were in Red River and had to make a quick run over to Taos to go to the emergency room for a broken wrist. (Ski trip) We had to get lunch and this place was close to the hospital but honestly from the outside it didn't look like anything special. I would have completely passed it over had it not been to all the reviews I read online. It lived up to the reviews. So yummy and great prices. Family of 6 got out of there for less than $50. Can't be beat!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mistyeveduncan
Pagosa Springs, Colorado, United States
“Surprisely good.”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were very hesitate when our Real estate agent suggested a burger joint for lunch. Especially since I'm a vegetarian. He insisted that their Veggie burger was excellent and he was right. The freshly made patty was huge and delish. My partner said his chicken sandwich was also very well done. The fries where fresh and hot with real potato taste. My only complaint would be that it was a tad expensive for a burger and fries.

Visited October 2013