“Five Stars For Sure!”

Ranked #16 of 130 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: "Best Burger in New Mexico" - USA Today. 5 Star serves hormone and antibiotic free Angus beef from Creekstone Farms, fresh ground daily and char grilled to desired temperature. We also offer specialty salads and sandwiches complimented by a great selection of beer and wine. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available. Happy Hour food and drink specials 4-6 pm daily. Locally sourced produce and environmentally friendly packaging. Children's Menu.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Five Star Burgers definitely lives up to its name! The food is excellent, service is friendly and efficient, and the prices are reasonable. That's why the place is always packed.

My dining companion and I split the green chili cheeseburger for lunch. The quantity was just right for the two of us. We also had a half order of sweet potato fries - again just the right amount.

There is also a bar with a good happy hour.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellent burgers. Large, juicy, flavorful and worth the premium price. The chicken sandwich was also good, as was the Quinoa Salad. But, I would pass on the regular fries as they are the basic frozen variety. The Sweet Potato Fries were superior. However in both cases, the cute little "fry basket" presentation was quite small, and IMHO not worth the $3 to $4 up charge.

That said, they had a good range of beers and other drinks options. The servers were polite and timely. The decor was hipper than we had expected. We did notice that unless you eat outside, there were not many tables for larger groups.

We would recommend 5 Star for burgers, salads, & drinks, but not fries.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My son and I stopped into Five Star to get a burger and use the free WiFi. We had a good time. The burgers were great and the staff were friendly. Too bad their wasn't a great view. But, I'll definitely eat there again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Really great burgers, but a bit disorganized. We were seated immediately, and the restaurant is decorated like an upscale fast-food. Everything looked clean and our server came over right away to take our drink orders. A different server brought the drinks and said she was taking over since the other server left - it seemed kind of odd, but the second server seemed like she was friendly.

Two of us ordered burgers, one a Portobello Mushroom "burger" (just mushroom, no meat), and one an Oriental Salad - she asked them to leave out the water chestnuts.

Three of us were served fairly rapidly, the salad for the fourth didn't come. When I asked the server she apologized - bolted for the kitchen and then came back to apologize again for not ordering the salad. When the salad finally came (I had to ask again what was happening after about ten minutes) it had the water chestnuts in it that my wife didn't want. She said it was just OK, not great. Skimpy on the chicken and she left over lots.

The burgers and Portobello Mushroom "burger" were all very good. I'd recommend it for burgers. Service and kitchen organization, not so much.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We don't have Five Star Burgers where we live in Maryland. Too bad. For a chain operation, they were very good. Big, thick, tasty burgers and nicely done buns. Would stop there again.