“Great burgers!”

Ranked #17 of 129 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: "Best Burger in New Mexico" - USA Today. 5 Star serves hormone and antibiotic free Angus beef from Creekstone Farms, fresh ground daily and char grilled to desired temperature. We also offer specialty salads and sandwiches complimented by a great selection of beer and wine. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available. Happy Hour food and drink specials 4-6 pm daily. Locally sourced produce and environmentally friendly packaging. Children's Menu.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Five Star Burger was really, really good. The meat is fresh not frozen. Average price was around $8 per burger and sides are extra. I had the fried green beans. They were very good but portion was small. Wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had a party of 6 and walked right in without a wait. Highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for 5 Star Burgers

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent burgers with a nice different ingredients on the menu. We came 30 minutes before their closing time and not once they made us feel rushed but instead told us to take our time.They were friendly and courteous and the burgers were excellent !!!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a must stop location for my family when we are visiting Taos. The burgers are amazing, the service is good, and the price is right. Five Star Burgers is a must try if you are in the area.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I previously gave a glowing review of Five Star, largely based on the not-to-be-missed crab burger (as opposed to crab cakes). I personally do not like 8-oz. hamburgers, and although the quality of this restaurant's is undoubtedly outstanding -- when I want a burger in Taos I generally go to a couple of restaurants that offer a quarter-pound burger option. That said (and I fervently hope they add a 1/4 or 1/3 lb. burger) -- Five Star offers some salads that are rivaled in NM only by Vinaigrette in Santa Fe. For some reason -- the "Veggie Chop" of last year has been changed to a rather bland quinoa-based version, I guess for vegetarian customers. However, you can still order the "old" Veggie Chop Salad to which grilled chicken can be added. Also new is a Chicken Chop, which is very good, but in my mind not as interesting or as healthy as the old-style Veggie Chop with chicken added. Not to be missed -- the "ice cream shooters," for $1, are probably one of the best bargains and desserts in Taos, especially the "Snickers" version. The salads are HUGE -- I often take home half of one, leaving room for an ice cream shooter. For a part-timer in Taos who doesn't really like Mexican food -- this is my "Go To" restaurant. Quality, consistency and sane service, at a reasonable price -- you can't go wrong.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Love the turkey burgers with choice of chutney. Husband loves all the burgers - blue cheese and green chile cheese burger especially!