“Delicious Casual Restaurant with Great Staff”
Review of Gutiz

Gutiz
Ranked #10 of 131 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: French, Spanish, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A favorite among locals and tourists alike, Gutiz serves creative Latin-French cuisine at affordable prices.
Reviewed August 31, 2014

My wife and I pass this restaurant all the time and recently heard some good comments from friends. We dropped in for lunch today, and it was really terrific. They make 99% of everything you are served (breads, desserts, fresh brewed tea, etc., etc.) Breakfast is served all day. Terrific and extensive menu. I had the Croque Madame and my wife had the Spanish Tortilla (authentic Tortilla Espanola) from the breakfast menu. Food was great and staff was outstanding and we walked away for less than $20. We sat outside in perfect weather. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

We have been to Taos many times but have missed this place. We stopped for breakfast on our last trip. Sat outside in beautiful weather and had an amazing breakfast. Try the French toast. My party all loved their meals. Great service too

Reviewed August 24, 2014

I went here for breakfast with friends who were visiting Taos. It's sort of a small diner atmosphere. The eggs benedict were delicious with a thick slice of Black Forest ham and one of the best homemade hollandaise sauces I have had. It was served on 2 large English muffins on top of a bed of Gutiz home fries. The portion was filling (and I am a big guy.) I also tried the chocolate croissant. It was fabulous, but rather than a traditional crescent shape it was rectangular. I shared it with my friends who were eying it and they also thought it was outstanding. My friends ordered the scrambled egg tower and the French toast. They also thought both were delicious and returned a couple of days later for breakfast after I had left. This will definitely be my new go to place for breakfast whenever I am in Taos!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Never fails.. you sleep in than can't find a breakfast place. We came across Gutiz and were blown away! The food was absolutely amazing. Every dish we had was thoughtfully prepared and the flavors were amazing. The wait staff was awesome. Try to french toast, the potato dish was amazing as was the andouille sausage. Only issue is finding a place to sit, its a small joint... we had no problems sitting outside. We will definitely return

1  Thank CoolChristopher
Reviewed August 10, 2014

First of all, this place was packed to the brim with locals, which is always a good sign! We waited a bit for a seat out on the patio and were quickly delighted by Gutiz's sensitivity to gluten free/vegetarian/dairy allergies/etc. My whole family (almost) has some sort of dietary restriction, so this was a sight for sore eyes! My sister was ecstatic to be able to order coffee because they offered both almond and soy milk (she can't have cream). My 11 year old niece tried to order lemonade, but they only have mint lemonade or "desert pear". She was cautious, but with some gentle prodding she ordered the desert pear and couldn't believe how delicious it was. We all had a taste and agreed! She sucked down the thing so fast she barely had room for breakfast :)
The waitresses were all friendly and happy to answer any questions. We all ordered something different and every single thing we got was delicious! The Parisian crepe that my boyfriend ordered was to die for, the potatoes were well seasoned and the hollandaise was scrumptious and handmade (along with 99% of everything on the menu, it was proudly touted on the front). Once my sister was done with her eggs benedict, the plate was passed around so that we could all scrape as much hollandaise from the bowl as we could.
We did have quite a long wait but we were a party of six on a Sunday morning so it was completely expected. I only wish I lived in Taos so that I could come here every Sunday!