“We got good service”

Ranked #9 of 128 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: French, Spanish, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: A favorite among locals and tourists alike, Gutiz serves creative Latin-French cuisine at affordable prices.
Denver, Colorado
“We got good service”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

So sorry that others had a bad experience with service. We had lunch there today and the service was excellent. We were greeted as we walked in, had to wait about 5 minutes for a table to open up (the place was packed!), but the table was cleared and ready for us in about 30 seconds! They allowed this pair of seniors to order from the children's menu - always appreciated by those of us with smaller appetites! The French toast with fresh fruit and maple syrup was delicious! So was the Pasta Bowl, with steak, fresh tomatoes, noodles, etc.) We found Gutiz to be a friendly, happy spot.

• Visited April 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Horrible service. The women serving couldn't have been more inattentive. Food took forever to be served. Ignored for water/lemonade refills. Took too long to get our check; so many missed eye contact opportunities. They flat out ignored their customers. The lunches were just okay. It just didn't at all live up to the hype. Take your business elsewhere.

2 Thank M J B
Taos, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

My family and I went in for breakfast and we ordered eggs benediction while my son had french toast. There was only one other table in there when we walked in. Two people came in about 5 minutes later and sat next to us, ordered and within 10 minutes they had their salads. Still 30 minutes passed and my son finally got his french toast, it was another 10 minutes until my eggs benediction came out and 10 minutes later mu husband's eggs benediction came to the table and his meal was cold. Never did our server ask about our meal or did she ever explain to us that our food was not going to come out together. Shortly after my eggs benediction had arrived a couple sat next to us and ordered the same thing. Their food arrived well within 10 minutes and was piping hot, I could see the steam rising from their plate. When I asked our server why our food had taken so long she got irritated and forceful and only said that some eggs had broken. Never did she apologize for our horrible experience. Not only was the food bad but she walked by our table several times without refilling our water. Turns out our server is actually the owner of this establishment. I'm not sure if we we're treated badly intentionally because we are locals but it's definitely not a way to run a business. Word of mouth makes a big difference, I am going to recommend for people to go elsewhere and not waste their time or money.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank taosresident
Plano, Texas
“Lunch”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This place was recommended by locals for me to eat lunch or brunch while here on vacation. I sat at the bar and the staff and food was awesome!

Visited March 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Very Tasty!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We love to go here whenever we head to Taos, NM. The breakfast and lunch are very, very good. Every meal I have tried is very fresh tasting, which is a plus for me. I recommend the french toast if your going for breakfast, and grilled goat cheese quesadilla if your going for lunch.

• Visited July 2013