“Terrible service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Gutiz
Ranked #10 of 125 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Spanish, Fusion
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A favorite among locals and tourists alike, Gutiz serves creative Latin-French cuisine at affordable prices.
Taos, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

My family and I went in for breakfast and we ordered eggs benediction while my son had french toast. There was only one other table in there when we walked in. Two people came in about 5 minutes later and sat next to us, ordered and within 10 minutes they had their salads. Still 30 minutes passed and my son finally got his french toast, it was another 10 minutes until my eggs benediction came out and 10 minutes later mu husband's eggs benediction came to the table and his meal was cold. Never did our server ask about our meal or did she ever explain to us that our food was not going to come out together. Shortly after my eggs benediction had arrived a couple sat next to us and ordered the same thing. Their food arrived well within 10 minutes and was piping hot, I could see the steam rising from their plate. When I asked our server why our food had taken so long she got irritated and forceful and only said that some eggs had broken. Never did she apologize for our horrible experience. Not only was the food bad but she walked by our table several times without refilling our water. Turns out our server is actually the owner of this establishment. I'm not sure if we we're treated badly intentionally because we are locals but it's definitely not a way to run a business. Word of mouth makes a big difference, I am going to recommend for people to go elsewhere and not waste their time or money.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank taosresident

Plano, Texas
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

This place was recommended by locals for me to eat lunch or brunch while here on vacation. I sat at the bar and the staff and food was awesome!

Visited March 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Very Tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

We love to go here whenever we head to Taos, NM. The breakfast and lunch are very, very good. Every meal I have tried is very fresh tasting, which is a plus for me. I recommend the french toast if your going for breakfast, and grilled goat cheese quesadilla if your going for lunch.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Jenna0830
Los Alamos
“Tiny spot with great variations on breakfast favorites, try the lemonade”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had been on the ski slopes for two days and I was tired of heavy breakfast food but the kids could eat pancakes 24/7 so we were looking for a something for everyone kind of place. We found this little restaurant clean and warm (sometimes Taos can be a bit chilly in the tiny restaurants in old buildings). The menu had something for everyone so I had really nice granola and yogurt with fresh fruit, my husband had creamy, rich Eggs Benedict and the kids had some chilli something that they loved. We sat at the counter and had really unique Arnold Palmers made with their specialty lemonade (with chopped mint) and were tempted by the fresh baked pasties and desserts on display. I am not sure how I resisted the cinnamon rolls or blueberry crumble! This is one restaurant I would definitely visit again.

• Visited February 2014
Chimayo, New Mexico
“Nice find. Good Quality and Variety.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I've driven past this place many times and it never occurred to me to stop and check it out. So don't be fooled by the exterior. The atmosphere is casual. The food is VERY good. The prices are not cheap but they are very reasonable, given the quality of the food. They provide a good alternative to the typical New Mexican fare (which I also like). The menu is pretty extensive so everybody in your group is sure to find something that they will enjoy. Not only was our food very good but the food that was being delivered to the surrounding tables looked great as well. If you took the same food and served it in a more upscale atmosphere, you could easily expect to pay 1/3 more. I will be back and I will recommend.

• Visited December 2013