“Fantastic Voyage for An Avowed Acrophobe!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Rio Grande Gorge Balloon Ride
Ranked #3 of 19 Tours in Taos
More attraction details
Owner description: Riding the soft desert winds is the perfect way to celebrate your special occasions with friends, family or when there is romance in the air. And, there is no better place to enjoy it than around Taos. We fly the scenic Rio Grande Gorge as it cuts through the high desert mesa like a 650 ft. deep Grand Canyon. The famous Rio Grande River gently flows through it. As we're gently gliding and enjoying the beautiful panoramas we drop down into the Gorge and kiss the river for the most thrilling balloon ride anywhere. We see baby coyotes, deer, mountain goats and elk in the Spring, blossoming flowers, bushes and cacti in Summer, the colorful changing Fall foliage and the beautiful snow covered Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the Winter - there is always majestic beauty everywhere! Join us for your adventure of a lifetime today!
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic Voyage for An Avowed Acrophobe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was part of the 11-member group with "cmast", my son, who talked me into going. I am terrified of heights, but decided that I didn't want to miss out on this family event. Our pilot was Kris and, because of his and the rest of the crew's professionalism and obvious expertise, I never felt the least bit of fear. It was just like smoothly going up and down in an elevator with an absolutely spectacular view! It was an experience I'll never forget and am so glad I decided to gulp down my fears and go along for the ride! I can hardly wait to go, again! As a side note, one of our party accidentally left a watch in the transport van. Kris found it and drove back into town later that evening to return it to us. Service above and beyond!

Hitchin, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Balloon Company Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We flew with Kris, who struck the perfect balance between safe, professional, and FUN! Kris and the crew gave us a fantastic trip, snacks after our flight, great pictures, an interesting history lesson and beautiful views worth a lifetime of memories! We even got the opportunity to help with the balloon set up and packing if we wanted to. All thumbs up. We would 100% recommend them without hesitation.

1 Thank Travellightandfast
utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Everlasting memory and professional outfit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

11 of us went on hot air balloon trip with Pueblo Balloon as part of engagement celebration. Kris and Ed were pilots and both of our groups had good opinion and exclaimed about the experience. The weather was perfect, which is not something pilots can control. But the parts they can control, they impressed. We were made to feel comfortable (10 out of 11 people first timers), safe, cared about making it a good time, and professional treatment. The brunch afterwards was icing on the cake - no shortage of food and drink (including champagne) and stories from the guys at Pueblo. I would definitely recommend this activity with Pueblo with either pilot, Kris or Ed.

Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best decision in Taos!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was nervous initially about taking a hot air balloon ride. Not a huge fan of heights. Immediately I was put to ease. Ed (owner) and Kris(pilot) were the absolute BEST! Extremely professional and just all around great guys! They go above and beyond for their guests. Kris was an awesome tour guide. He was sure to point out wildlife (bald eagles, rams, longhorn sheep) and told the history of the area.

I just can't say enough!!! It worth every penny!

2 Thank Kira P
Philadelphia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our family of four did this and had a wonderful time. Even though this was the most expensive of the activities that we did during our week in New Mexico, it was well worth it. Ed runs a great company and all the staff were very professional and friendly. That morning Pueblo Balloon Company had two balloons go up and another company had one go up. The other company's balloon landed well before Pueblos. I would definitely recommend choosing Pueblo over other balloon companies in Taos. We also did the "llama hike" the next day for a truly unforgettable two days in Taos.

Visited August 2013