“WOW!”

and up
Rio Grande Gorge Balloon Ride
Ranked #4 of 17 Tours in Taos
More attraction details
Owner description: Riding the soft desert winds is the perfect way to celebrate your special occasions with friends, family or when there is romance in the air. And, there is no better place to enjoy it than around Taos. We fly the scenic Rio Grande Gorge as it cuts through the high desert mesa like a 650 ft. deep Grand Canyon. The famous Rio Grande River gently flows through it. As we're gently gliding and enjoying the beautiful panoramas we drop down into the Gorge and kiss the river for the most thrilling balloon ride anywhere. We see baby coyotes, deer, mountain goats and elk in the Spring, blossoming flowers, bushes and cacti in Summer, the colorful changing Fall foliage and the beautiful snow covered Sangre de Cristo Mountains in the Winter - there is always majestic beauty everywhere! Join us for your adventure of a lifetime today!
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was our first hot air balloon ride and we weren't disappointed. What an amazing way to see the gorge. Our pilot was very nice and informative. After the ride they do a brunch and tell stories and touch on the history of hot air ballooning. Lots of fun. Everyone associated with the company was very nice and professional.

1  Thank midwesternplains

Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was terrific from start to finish. Being able to book online is great. I didn't stay in a hotel in Taos but they picked me up anyway. I was picked up at 5:30 and was back by 10:30 a.m. so had the whole rest of the day to do other stuff. The crew was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. I got to help get the ballon inflated and to pack it away at the end which was really cool. The group on our flight probably ranged from 8 to 70 and all had a wonderful time. The champagne toast at the big gorge bridge is perfect as well. If you are going to take a balloon ride, this is the company to go with1

2  Thank alliswell252
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I wanted to have a balloon ride to remember for the family, which included three grandkids and their grandmother. The folks at Pueblo Balloon couldn't be more accommodating, friendly and easy to work with. We canceled the night before through no fault of theirs and they were very understanding and let us book for the next day. The crew were great and made old and young feel comfortable and safe. We would definitely recommend this as a great Taos experience.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

My teenage granddaughters and I always take an 'adventure' each summer. This year we went to Santa Fe and Taos. We planned the hot-air balloon trip, but didn't tell the gals until a night before. They were so excited, as was I, and it was everything we expected it to be. We were picked up early AM and driven to the launching site. Our pilot, Ed Smith, was very knowledgeble and I knew before we arrived he was cautious and very safety-conscious. When we arrived there were 9 going up in his state-of-the-art balloon. His crew was efficient and had the balloon ready quickly. We ascended and traveled down the Rio Hondo River Gorge to the Rio Grande Gorge. All the while the pilot answered a variety of questions from those in the balloon. When we landed, exactly where he expected to land, it was smooth and set right down without a problem. The crew, traveling by van, was there to greet us and fold up the balloon. We then had a champagne brunch which featured an array of tasty foods, while the pilot told the history of ballooning, which was very informative. We all received a certificate which the girls will cherish, as will I. I can highly recommend it as I am a senior and my 16 and 17 year olds told me they can now 'mark that off their bucket list'. I definitely will accompany other members of my family on this special adventure whenever they are ready. It was an experience that not everyone has the opportunity to enjoy, but should.

1  Thank momaclown
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Our 2nd Hot Air Balloon flight. We did one in Tucson a couple of years ago. I need to say that my wife is afraid of heights but insisted that we do another balloon flight. Until a month ago I did not know that the Gorge of the Rio Grande existed. Now I've flown thru much of it in a hot air Balloon! Wow! The crew was professional and personable. Got picked up at our hotel at 6:20 by cowboy, Dave. A stop to check the winds, then down into the gorge on the old stage coach road and up to the set up and launch site. Counting our pilot, Ed, there were 6 of us in the basket. We rose up to about 1200 feet before picking up wnds that took us over the Gorge. We then descended down into the Gorge for and excellent trip with lots of photos ops. We sighted a dozen or so long horn sheep along the cliffs and one large, long red tail furry beast (we weren't sure what it was). As we approached the long, high suspension bridge, we lifted out of the Gorge and then across the high way to land. After every thing was packed away, we all went over to the Bridge park area for breakfast Mimosas, coffee and more goodies than we could eat. Along with our flight certificates we were told the history of balloon flight. Delivered back to our hotel for a shower and a nap, we made our second check in the bucket list box titled "Hot Air Balloon Ride".
-Dan and Patricia