“Excited about our next visit”

Ardovino's Desert Crossing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: SINCE 1949, ARDOVINO'S DESERT CROSSING has been building its reputation by offering the finest quality ingredients, innovative cuisine, and exceptional service. Whether dining in our restaurant or attending a private event, our guests relish a unique ambiance at Ardovino's Desert Crossing.Come relax on our patios and, as the evening passenger train winds its way around Mount Cristo Rey, you'll understand why.
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

What a treat!! Visiting family in El Paso and excited about the best dining experience we look forward to each visit - thank you Mallory for offering us the best food , wine selections & always having a cold miller lite beer for me!!!

1  Thank dsully10

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I went there last Sunday, and I've got to tell you, that brunch was up there with any brunch I have ever had in the world. I had the Baja Vegetable Crepes, which is made from chipotle muscrooms, summer squash, tomato, spinach and provolone cheese topped with tomato sauce, queso fresco and avocado with a side of potato cake.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I went for dinner on a Friday night, we made reservations to eat inside but were very impressed with the outdoor seating as well. The food was great-fresh bread, good cocktails and I liked that the menu was creative and not your typical "Italian restaurant fare". Our server was very friendly and catering to our needs, as well as the rest of the staff. The view of the mountains in the back drop of the outdoor seating is beautiful and the lights of the El Paso sprawl on the other side of the restaurant is actually nice too! I would eat here again in a heartbeat and when the weather is a bit cooler, would love to have some drinks on the patio.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at Ardovino's Desert Crossing on the 7th of July and it was outstanding. While nearing the remote location, you will see more Border Patrol than police in the area and you may feel that it was a good idea to be armed, but once there, you will be pleasantly surprised by the friendliness, service and food. I had a beef tenderloin and it was one of the best steaks I have ever had in the world. The wait staff were professional in every aspect. We will certainly be returning there and bringing guests that come to visit.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We drove out here on Saturday morning to check out the Farmer's Market and have a look around.After purchasing some veggies and banana bread in the market we had breakfast in the restaurant.After being seated,we ordered some mimosas to enjoy while looking over the menu.We ordered our food and settled in to finish the drinks.
After noticing that the people seated next to us had arrived after we did and received their food orders before we had gotten ours,we brought this to the attention of our server who assured us the kitchen had the order.The manager soon arrived apologized and comped us two more mimosas for having to endure the extra wait time.Soon,our meal arrived and we were able to savor the Berry Belgian Waffle and Omelet d'Italia.The portions were hearty and delicious at the same time,making it worth the wait.The server and manager both returned again to check on us and soon we were leaving agreeing to re visit for dinner sometime.What started out as slow service had been redeemed into a positive experience.