“Pleasntly Surprised”

Elida's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Springer
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Having spent the past two weeks here for work, we were sent to Elida's several times. Seeing the town one would suspect little to offer here. Elida's serves a great breakfast of good quality and better quatity. Dinner was even better.
The staff is very friendly and fast.

Looking forward to stopping here next time I pass through.

2  Thank roderickjc2

Reviewed May 22, 2014

On a previous trip, we tried the posole and decided we really liked it. This was our first chance to eat here since 2004, and the food is just as good as it was 10 years ago. Service was fine, prices were economical for our late lunch.

1  Thank Old_Drum
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was on a road trip and love finding gems like Elidas at a place where you least expect it! Inside the place is simple but clean. Everyone seems to know each other which gives atmosphere. The food was very good and they had other than Mexican dishes available. When you're done take a walk up and down the main street: not much going on but some cool architecture and history in Springer.

4  Thank SooooooZQ
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

After skiing in northern new mexico we try to stop by here on the way home and grab a bite.

As usual it was very good and also economical. If you get the big country breakfast you probably will not need to eat for 6+ hours as it is a lot of food.

Our waitress was very cordial and kept the coffee cups full.

Additionally the bathrooms were clean.

This is a good small town country type Restaurant, its not a five star dining facility so don't expect that.

I recommend you try it if you're passing through, especially for breakfast.

2  Thank PilotFlyer
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is the only place to eat in the beautiful small town of Springer. I went in for dinner one night, and breakfast the next morning. I had two different waitresses and both of them were very rude. I don't see how someone can hire waitresses that ignore their customers and sits around talking to others instead of refiling coffee etc. The evening I had a young thin hispanic girl. She was a little nicer than the heavier set one, but not by much. I didn't see her smile once though. The heavier one let my plate sit in the window for about 7 minutes before she brought it to me. She was too busy speaking Spanish to some other women at a table. I asked for more coffee and she said she would be right there to give it to me, but she didn't bring it, she instead sat back down at the table full of women and only got up when I was leaving. From looking at the reviews on here, it seems I'm not the only one that had problems. They must all be family and the owner doesn't care how the customers are treated. Sad!

Been to Elida's Cafe? Share your experiences!