Lowest prices for your stay
$125
View deal
Free cancellation until 12/12/21
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Econo Lodge$125
Expedia.com$125
Lol.travel$148
All reviews restaurant next door great value exercise room would stay here again nice surprise new mexico free breakfast smoking room walmart cereal nm
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

I must first start this review by saying how nice the man (men) at the front desk were. My initial room was too fragrant for me (I'm an asthmatic ) so I asked for a room change. The gentleman gave me several keys so I could go to the various rooms and see if they were 'too smelly' for me. I found one and, after a long day in the car with a nagging 16 y.o, unpacked. Normally I do a thorough check but I didnt. There were no less than 6 piece of hair (that definitely were not ours) on the bathroom floor when I initially used the toilet. The room could be more well lit but that is minor compared to hair in the bathroom. The workout room was the best one I have seen on our vacation (has a sauna too).

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
econolodgenm066, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience.

Reviewed August 5, 2016

We were cruising in Socorro and end of day; saw his sign about "Top Award" and my wife said hey, maybe it's really good. It was. At breakfast, met Mr. Richard Torres, who runs it like his home. He keeps a breakfast room humming, clean, packed with folks. Never saw a general manager working so fast to clean and supply the breakfast room. And cheerfully. Room was fine, just what you want on a roadtrip. So, look for that sign. Say hi to Richard.

Room tip: As always, away from highway is best.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank ElnorteTucson
econolodgenm066, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2016

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience

Reviewed July 29, 2016

After a fabulous stay at the Econolodge in Silver City, NM, we decided to give the Socorro Econolodge a shot. Arrived on a very hot afternoon and checked into a spacious room with an A/C unit on life support. Waited as directed by the front desk for the cooler to kick in and gazed at drapes that drug on the floor and a restroom that was very clean but last remodeled in a prior century. When the A/C wouldn't work we checked out.
Property dates from the 1960's. Outside corridors but nice balconies overlooking a smallish pool. No good place to walk a dog. Lobby is decrepit and, in retrospect, that should have been enough of a warning to never check in.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
econolodgenm066, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. We appreciate how you have let us know what areas of our service impressed you and which were lacking. We hope that during your next stay, your expectations will be even far surpassed!

Reviewed July 25, 2016

After hardly getting a greeting from the desk staff who didn't even know where my room would be, I went into my room into one that was nearly as hot as the outside. The A/C hadn't been turned on so the room was 89.7 degrees according to my thermometer. It did eventually cool down to the downright chilly temperature of 75.3 (at about 3:00 a.m.).

While sitting around waiting, I needed the hotel WiFi which was dodgy at best. I enjoyed this substandard internet connection while sitting at a desk that was wobbly and ready to follow apart. It was made all the better by my feeling cookie crumbs underneath my feet.

When I wasn't trying to get something done (other than waiting for the room to cool down), I spent some time killing bugs in the room and in the bathroom.

Said bathroom wasn't apparently cleaned as there were spots in the bottom of the tub as well as hairs sticking on the walls in the shower. I was very careful in getting a towel as the towel rack was falling out of the wall.

I'm not giving this a "terrible" rating because there was at least a modicum of effort in making the room up to date and despite being on the main road through town, it was quiet. But I will not stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
econolodgenm066, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

The room was very clean and appeared to be well maintained. On the downside, we had some customer service issues with the staff. We had to call Choice Hotels, the manager got in touch with us, and everything worked out in the end, but the experience was unpleasant.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple