“Very Nice Room!”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
Lakewood, Colorado
“Very Nice Room!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice, clean and large my room was (the property is older and from the outside didn't look that great). The rate was very good and the staff was polite and helpful. There is a good restaurant next door, the El Camino I think and served great comfort food. I didn't have breakfast their because I left very early but I will stay there again when I come back.

Room Tip: I prefer the 2nd floor, room was very quiet, beware, there is a train that goes through Socorro and...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your response. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to see you in the furture.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Green Valley, AZ
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My Bride Cathy and I checked into this hotel in early OCT12. We stayed in the newer section, which was nice. Room and linens were clean and the staff was responsive, polite and efficient. We'll stay there again if we go through Socorro - Tom Williams.

Room Tip: The older section might be just as nice, but where we stayed in the newer section was further back f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks Mr. Williams. Thanks for the great review. Congrats Cathy and Tom . Look forward to see you in the future.
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel. It was recommended by a friend. I would not normally stay at an Econo Lodge but I think this location is an exception - also based on input from a friend. Room was clean and comfortable. Some items in need of repair such as grout along the tub etc. but it did not bother us as the room was clean. Very spacious and comfortable with a flat screen TV. Another reviewer said the hotel did not accept cats - they do. I called to confirm and had absolutely no problems. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bodynatzi
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for your review. Also like to thank your friend for recommending us. Yes we are a pet friendly place. Thank you for the info on the grout will be getting that taken care of. Hope to see you in the furture.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Decided to stop at this hotel. Glad I did I was greated nicely by the women behind the desk.Not sure of her name didn't see a name badge. Got a good rate and able to get to room quick and simple. Was nice to walk in to a fresh smelling room. It was nice to be able to park right in front of my room. Didn't expect the exercise room to have so many machines oh and free weights was perfect to use. In the morning the housekeeper Tara was nice and friendy, took care of my room right away while i went to breakfeast. This is the place to stay.

Room Tip: I had a room in back was nice and quite.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Aaron P
Glad you had a great stay. Thank you for your review. Hope to see you i the furture.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Been staying here for past few years. Been great improvments. This time my wife came along. We got a room in back. This time there was flat screen in room. Our room was fresh and clean. No problems with this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to see you again.
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We booked this as we were driving through OK toward AZ. I asked the guy making the reservation if this Econolodge was relatively nice. I wasn't expecting great-I just didn't want a dump. After he assured me that this hotel (ummm...dude...everywhere else we call this a motel) was AWARD winning (WHAT?!?!?) I booked it. We got in late at night and knew immediately that it was a mistake. What a dump! Seriously, spend the extra $30 and go to the Holiday Inn Express. What was I thinking?!?!? The manager was really rude and their breakfast was cheap. As in, the manager had to give me cups of waffle batter because I might pour too much. Ugh. What else can I say? Don't go here...

Room Tip: There is one room (at least) that sleeps 6 adults. It had a bedroom with a queen, then a main room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sorry for having a unpleasent stay .Thank you for your opinion. Award winning is based on customers surveys.
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We (two mothers and five school age kids) stayed 5 days in 'room' 200. We had stayed in the same suite 3 years before while visiting family in Socorro .
The long lounge contains a sofa bed, fridge, microwave, table and TV
The two attached bedrooms have TV sets and two ?queen beds in one, a king bed in the other and a large bathroom off each bedroom.
Good features:
1) The suite comfortably accommodated all of us (sharing beds) as the rooms and bathrooms are large.(Quite a feat with five mostly teenage boys in tow!)
2) The pool and hot tub were popular with the kids.
3) The gym is simple but adequate and has sufficient equipment to get a good basic workout in air conditioned comfort. Not open to kids.
4) We got a very good rate for our 5 day stay - $110/night (that's for 7 people)
5) No problems with bugs or dirt - place was clean and service was pleasant.
6) Easy access and parking. Handy to supermarkets and local restaurants.
7) WiFi is free
Disappointments:
1) The breakfast is not as good as it used to be but includes some fruit (usually bananas) and some raisin bran, so it's possible to eat a reasonably healthy breakfast. When waffle mix ran out we were brought more when we asked.
2) The sheets on the king bed were too small and didn't tuck in well so they wrinkled up within a short time of getting into bed (the mattresses are comfy so this is a shame).
3) The air conditioners/coolers in each room were very noisy. One dripped water onto the carpet after running for a while. We had to sleep with earplugs or turn off and use the ceiling fans and have open windows at night - luckily the weather was cool for midsummer.

Room 200 is an economical and spacious 'suite' which suited our crowd very well, Some attention to the air conditioning systems and king size fitted sheets would improve comfort.

Room Tip: Room 200 is a suite of rooms with double/queens and a king bed. Good for a crowd.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank thoughtfuldancer
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for your response and your business. Will check out the discomforts. hope to see you all again.