“Roaches!”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We reserved a king room, but the hotel didn't seem to know anything about that and gave us a double queen suite in another building in the back 40. It was an older room that appeared clean but it was quite a trek to the front office. The room was large and had a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, iron & board, hair dryer, 25" CRT TV, desk with chair and a table with two chairs. Internet access was slow. The next morning I killed three very large cockroaches, a real turn off. The breakfast selection was extremely poor. We choose this Econo Lodge based on reviews, but I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
econolodgenm066, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Thank you for your review. Sorry you had bad experiance. Will look at this situation. Hope you will choose us in the future to see how we can make a better experence for you.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was my first time staying at an Econo Lodge, and I was a little hesitant at first. I decided to give it a try based on the reviews here and was very glad I did. When we first arrived, I was a little upset, because the hotel was offering a rate much lower than what Hotels.com had sold me. The rate I got was still a pretty good deal compared to the other hotels in the area, but the hotel had a much cheaper special. Next time I will call first. Anyway, the front desk person gave us an upgrade to a king suite so we at least could feel like we were getting our money's worth. The room was huge. Separate bedroom and living areas, separated by vanity and bathroom. There were two televisions, a fridge, microwave, and wet bar. The room and linens were all very clean. Some of the other reviews mentioned roaches, but after checking every nook and cranny of the room, I didn't see any. There were, however, quite a few ants circulating in a crack near the outside of our door, but none made it inside. After we arrived, we wanted to get something to eat, but it was kind of late. Fortunately, the hotel is located right next door to a diner called the El Camino which is easy to walk to and open 24 hours. The bed was kind of hard but not terrible. We had a room in the back of the property, so it was incredibly quiet at night. Overall, this was a nice, clean, inexpensive place to stay. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ValentinoDrag

Thank you for staying with us. See you soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Decided to stay based on other reviews & we specifically asked for the back rooms as suggested by previous reviews. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable & spacious. Wifi worked great. It met our needs perfectly. I had 2 concerns. 1. The quoted price was all over the map and we went from $85 to $59.50+tax though not right away. 2. Yes there are cockroaches, but my understanding from reading all hotel reviews is that this is a common problem in Socorro. It wasn't their existence that bothered me but the attitude of the front desk when I let them know. They were on the verge of disavowing knowledge of these pests when I pointed out there was a dead one on the floor of the lobby bathroom. Then he was nicer & explained everything they do to combat them-which appeared to be a lot. Overall, I was pleased with what we received for the price (basic brkfst) & would stay there again. Just make sure to keep asking for their best price!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank quizaya
Reviewed June 30, 2012

This is an update. We stayed here again this time using points. For a minimal number of points I was able to book a super large two room suite with kitchenette. Though the furnishings are dated the room is clean and maintained. The mattress and bedding are updated. Two great TV's, ironing board, fridge, microwave, sofa (assume it is a bed), extra "kitchen" sink with cabinets.

The staff is super friendly and tries to help with any requests. The gym is wonderful, there is a pool but I did not swim. The breakfast is continental plus waffles and boiled eggs. Always have fresh fruit.

Stay here while in Socorro, but always stay in back building for peace and quiet. This hotel is the closest to campus.

Room Tip: Never stay in the front building it is very close to the street.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Can only comment that pet friendly is in the eyes of the motel owner. Fortunately, I called just to confirm details and was told in no uncertain terms that our cat was not welcome. Good news for those with allergies but would have been an unwelcome scene at the end of a long day on the road.

Informed the chain that they need to ask their operators to make these proclamations on the website.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Didn't expect much and even though the place is older, it is well-kept, clean, quiet & had an amazing amount of choices for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2012

very clean rooms ,friendly staff. room always SMELLED FRESH the whole week i was there loved having a desk and tableoffice chair was great for computerand printer. this is the place to stay when in SOCORRO.

Room Tip: This place compareable to the higher hotels in town
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business