“No thanks”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
Albuquerque, NM
“No thanks”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Tried this different hotel during a recent extended stay in Socorro...bad idea. The hotel I was in for the rest of my stay could not accommodate me for one of my nights, so they found me this place...one of the few places available for this night because of multiple functions happening simultaniously in this small town. Never again. Really a bottom end hotel in Socorro.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Traveler1960
Logan H, General Manager at Days Inn Socorro, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for bringing these matters with our property. We have address these matters with our housekeeper. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further. A.HSH@HOTMAIL.COM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Selden, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed here on the way to N.Y. This is a little town in the middle of nowhere. The motel was clean and had a very good continental breakfast. The staff was very helpful. I had trouble logging on to their Wi-Fi and had to use my laptop in the office. The computer is a little old. I was able to log in with my Kindle in the room. With little security on the Kindle I wouldn't suggest anything to sensitive. There was a Wal-Mart across the street.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the staircase for a better chance at Wi-Fi connection.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Taos, New Mexico
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Beyond the professional and kind reception by the Motel's staff, we were very pleased with the room's cleanliness, comfort, and amenities. Thank you for our pleasant stay. We would highly recommend your motel and would stay with you again.

Room Tip: Within walking distance for a great breakfast at the 24 hour El Camino restaurant on the main street...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I are from Albuquerque and we had to run some errands in the Socorro area so we decided to stay the night. We thought choosing a Days Inn was a safe bet and didn't question the $70 (after tax) price. Upon arrival, it was clear that this was like no other Days Inn we’d ever been to. The pool was out of service, which was frustrating since it was nearly 100 degrees outside. When we entered the room we were disgusted to find small bugs on the bathroom counter and a cockroach in the bathroom. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and I wish that we had decided to camp instead. After a sleepless night, we left early to run our errands. We realized that we were running late and called the front desk for a late check out. The man working said that it would be fine if we checked out at 12pm instead of 11am. It was clear the place wasn’t' fully booked... We arrived back to our room with just enough time to shower and pack up, when we received a call from the front desk letting us know that we had ten minutes to be out or we would be charged $10. I explained that the man we spoke to earlier had approved a 12pm check out and this woman didn’t care. We basically threw our bags out the door and skipped showering because there was no way we were going to spend an additional $10 on that dump. If you are in the area I would recommend springing a bit for the Holiday Inn in town or camping for free. We have traveled all over the country and have stayed in many moderately priced motels and this is by far the worst one we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on our property. We apologize for all the problems you have encountered while staying at our hotel. We have address these issues to our housekeepers, re-trained our front desk employees and have taken care of the problems you have mentioned. We thank you for your valuable feedback.
El paso
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This place is an old run down motel that slapped on the name Days Inn to it. It is nothing like any other Days Inn I've ever stayed at. The outside walls need painting, the parking lot needs paving. The 'breakfast' area is just the entrance to the hotel, not an actual area. There was no fruit for breakfast, only a waffle maker. But the worst was finding rodent droppings on the sink- at least 3! My husband found a dead cricket under the pillow. The smoke detector started beeping and when I tried to call the front desk, the phone did not work, so I had to walk outside to the front desk to let them know. When we returned after dinner the smoke detector no longer beeped but the phone rang at random times in the evening and morning, when we picked up there was no dial tone. Will not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent comment. From your last visit, we have diligently worked with re-training our front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance to correct the problems you have encountered. Thank you for your comment.
Albuquerque
Reviewed November 22, 2011

A friend and I reserved 2 rooms at the Day's Inn on Friday 11/18 to shoot for the dawn fly-out of the geese and cranes during the Festival of the Cranes. Despite a couple of pretty negative reviews, I was impressed by management's response to those reviews and went ahead with the reservation. We were both more than satisfied with our rooms, which were quite comfortable, clean, and everything from the wifi to the coffee maker worked just fine. I was also impressed with the friendly and courteous woman running the front desk. No complaints at all and the price was good.

Room Tip: Our rooms were upstairs in the back, far from the highway, although everybody gets to hear the choo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I liked my room very much. The furnishings are reasonably new, the bedding nice, and the room was comfortable for a medium-priced motel.

Room Tip: I found the second floor to be perfectly quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends