“Not like any Days Inn I've ever stayed at...”
Review of Days Inn Socorro

Days Inn Socorro
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I are from Albuquerque and we had to run some errands in the Socorro area so we decided to stay the night. We thought choosing a Days Inn was a safe bet and didn't question the $70 (after tax) price. Upon arrival, it was clear that this was like no other Days Inn we’d ever been to. The pool was out of service, which was frustrating since it was nearly 100 degrees outside. When we entered the room we were disgusted to find small bugs on the bathroom counter and a cockroach in the bathroom. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and I wish that we had decided to camp instead. After a sleepless night, we left early to run our errands. We realized that we were running late and called the front desk for a late check out. The man working said that it would be fine if we checked out at 12pm instead of 11am. It was clear the place wasn’t' fully booked... We arrived back to our room with just enough time to shower and pack up, when we received a call from the front desk letting us know that we had ten minutes to be out or we would be charged $10. I explained that the man we spoke to earlier had approved a 12pm check out and this woman didn’t care. We basically threw our bags out the door and skipped showering because there was no way we were going to spend an additional $10 on that dump. If you are in the area I would recommend springing a bit for the Holiday Inn in town or camping for free. We have traveled all over the country and have stayed in many moderately priced motels and this is by far the worst one we have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Logan H, General Manager at Days Inn Socorro, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on our property. We apologize for all the problems you have encountered while staying at our hotel. We have address these issues to our housekeepers, re-trained our front desk employees and have taken care of the problems you have mentioned. We thank you for your valuable feedback.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Socorro

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This place is an old run down motel that slapped on the name Days Inn to it. It is nothing like any other Days Inn I've ever stayed at. The outside walls need painting, the parking lot needs paving. The 'breakfast' area is just the entrance to the hotel, not an actual area. There was no fruit for breakfast, only a waffle maker. But the worst was finding rodent droppings on the sink- at least 3! My husband found a dead cricket under the pillow. The smoke detector started beeping and when I tried to call the front desk, the phone did not work, so I had to walk outside to the front desk to let them know. When we returned after dinner the smoke detector no longer beeped but the phone rang at random times in the evening and morning, when we picked up there was no dial tone. Will not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent comment. From your last visit, we have diligently worked with re-training our front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance to correct the problems you have encountered. Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

A friend and I reserved 2 rooms at the Day's Inn on Friday 11/18 to shoot for the dawn fly-out of the geese and cranes during the Festival of the Cranes. Despite a couple of pretty negative reviews, I was impressed by management's response to those reviews and went ahead with the reservation. We were both more than satisfied with our rooms, which were quite comfortable, clean, and everything from the wifi to the coffee maker worked just fine. I was also impressed with the friendly and courteous woman running the front desk. No complaints at all and the price was good.

Room Tip: Our rooms were upstairs in the back, far from the highway, although everybody gets to hear the choo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to discuss our hotel.

Reviewed November 20, 2011

I liked my room very much. The furnishings are reasonably new, the bedding nice, and the room was comfortable for a medium-priced motel.

Room Tip: I found the second floor to be perfectly quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to discuss our hotel.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Let me start with some background info on me. I went to school at NMT in Socorro for 7 years and go back at least once a year to eat El Camino and drink at the Cap. That being said I have stayed here and at the Howard Johnson in town. There are other options but they cost more and hey this is Socorro you could put a Hilton here and it will never be 5 stars.
I made reservations online at daysinn.com a few days before I arrived. The front desk was very helpful when I checked in and they honored my request for a ground floor room (I have two large bulldogs that sleep in a pen so being on the ground floor is necessary). They did charge me a pet fee $10/night/dog. The room was bright spacious and clean. It is dated but so is everything in Socorro. We did clean the filter on the wall A/C unit and that made the A/C work so good we were freezing by the morning. There is a microwave and fridge in the room. We also requested a late check out of 2 pm and were charge $20 bucks which they were upfront about. Standard coffee and cereal in the morning but if you want a good breakfast stroll north on Califormia and have a #9 breakfast burrito at the El Camino. I will return to the motel on my next visit.

Room Tip: call before you show up to make requests
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Logan H, Manager at Days Inn Socorro, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to discuss our hotel. We look forward to your next visit. Contanct me directly at 575-835-0230. Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Filthy, air conditioner doesn't work, no extra toilet paper (first roll had already been used), COLD shower, no kleenex, bathtub was dirty. SLOWest internet EVER!!! Skip it! bleh!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for brining these items to our attention. We are happy to let you know that we have upgraded our internet service and addressed our housekeeping concerns. If you have any further concerns please contact me directly at a.hsh@hotmail.com.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

There was no heat in the room on the cold desert night. We were not the only room without heat. The evening clerk was rude. The owner did nothing to alleviate or compensate. i do not know about the summer but do not stay there in the cold months. This was the first bad stay at a Days Inn for me.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveMcDaniel

I am extremely sorry that you have a poor experience at our hotel. We have a professional maintenance team that updates our property on a regular basis. We have addressed these items with them and have taken care of the problems you have mentioned. We thank you for your valuable feedback.