“Glad we stopped”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

5 of us just flew in from NH and we were exhausted. Walked from our hotel (HI Express) after a local recommended it. A good ole mom & pop place, nothing fancy and we all left full & satisfied. Menu had both mexican & american. I had chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and salad. Salad was shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and shredded cheese. It was all good. Others had hamburger with fries, steak and mexican dishes. Soda glass is huge, portions good and reasonably priced. Staff were all friendly too.

There are newer reviews for Sofia's Kitchen & Burrito Tyme

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Ate lunch here on the last day of my stay. Great portions, good food, and fast friendly service and value.

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

The owner is very nice. Be sure to ask him about the wall murals. Food is good. Try the green chili. Service and price is okay. We would return for sure.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

On the way home to TX, we found this little diner by chance. Saw the 'open' sign, and stopped for a late breakfast or lunch on Labor Day. The cashier/wait staff ladies were most welcoming, and we had our choice of tables. The restaurant is homey, quite roomy and is set up with very nice wood tables & chairs. The menu had lots of options; many combinations. Our waitress was really friendly, and accomodated a little substitution so I could enjoy a taco, enchiladas, and a relleno. I had a little red and green sauce on the side since I love both flavors. Husband ordered the stuffed breakfast burrito with multiple ingredients. They had run out of chorizo, but he got by with sausage & bacon. The meals were fast, hot and really tasty. The delicious crispy taco was gone in a flash; the rice, beans, beef enchiladas were ok. But the relleno was the star. Husband loved his breakfasty, oversized burrito and said the egg blend was the best ever. We both liked the red chile sauce with the perfect heat. Our water was kept filled, and the waitress stopped by often to see if there was anything else. A couple of puffy sopapillas were put on the table at the end of the meal to enjoy with honey. Pretty good food, good prices. Exceptional staff; it felt like we were their old friends and they could not wait for us to return!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have eaten here on many occasions, mostly for breakfast. My favorite is the stuffed breakfast burrito with green chile, which is what I get almost every time. The sopapillas are also very good. Haven't tried dinner here, but if their breakfast fare is any indication, I would give it a try.