“Review about the lounge area”
Review of Bodega Burger Co.

Bodega Burger Co.
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Socorro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

This review is about the lounge area. I went there on Thursday night when there was karaoke. I was in town for a class so was not a local. While we were in there we were stared at by the locals and one of them attempted to start a fight with us. We were not welcomed at all in this bar. To make it worse the "security" was friends with the individual so he did nothing about it.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Overview: Great place! Great location, great staff, great food, great patrons! A must eat for anyone in the area.

The location: Right off Not California St. If you're coming from the north and miss the hidden driveway before the sign you'll have to turn on Neal Ave E. Then hang a left onto 6th street N then go into the parking lot from the back as N California St is a divided road. It is not far from the main hotels of the IRTB course I was attending. Easily within walking distance of the Holiday Inn.

The Staff: Helpful in many ways. I ate at the bar and Clarisse was the bartender. Captain cokes were a reasonable price and mixed just right. She was right on getting refills as well with little to no wait. She was more than happy to recommend good choices on the menu which I'll describe later. On top of promoting the restraint and it's food she was a great source of info. Very knowledgable and willing to share the history of the area, hot spots, and recommend where to (and where not to) go during a short stay. I learned a lot about the area while having a great drink and awesome food in a relaxing atmosphere. I can't complain about that.

So the food: I had the Bodega burger... I don't know what else to say besides amazing. The chili is fantastic on it and the fries are seasoned great. I'm from Wisconsin and thought some of our local restaurants had the best fries, sorry, they've been shown up by Bodega. I will be back to try another entree before I leave.

The patrons: They weren't really busy when I was there. I got there around 7:30pm and left around 9:30pm. There were 3 locals at the bar that were more than happy to recommend things to do in the area. I waited for the bartender to leave and when she stepped away to deliver food I asked for their honest opinion of where the best local food was. They each simultaneously pointed right at the bar counter and said something to the effect of "here" or "you're already there" etc...

Ultimately a must visit. I will be back. They are very welcoming to First Responders as well.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Having been here in its prior life as the roadrunner, I was pleasentky suprised with the food and the great service. They had a discount for the responders that filled the place. and that was greatly appreciated.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

What will it be, a night with the boys knocking down some beers and shooting pool or having a fine dining experience with friends or family? Which ever you choose it can be done within these walls. When you come in and take a right there is an upscale beer joint, complete with pool tables and shuffleboard. Go left and enter a beautifully decorated dining room, which I did and enjoyed a fantastic pork chop supper. Despite being very crowded service was good and my meal delivered promptly. Prices are great and I would surly return.

1  Thank 4bird1
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I ate here two out of four nights and had seafood both times that was fresh and very well prepared. Took out both nights and missed a great special the first night so don't just rely on the menu, each night they have excellent specials.

1  Thank Batt2

Been to Bodega Burger Co.? Share your experiences!