“Courteous staff, clean room, and great value.”
Review of San Miguel Inn

San Miguel Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Socorro
“Courteous staff, clean room, and great value.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I needed a place to stay on my way to Arizona and needed an affordable place to stay. I saw a sign for $27.99 per night which was ideal for me. The room was comfortable and clean. The furniture is not modern but well kept. Best of all, the customer service that I received was exceptional. The nice young lady in the front did her best to accommodate me. I couldn't have expected more for the price I paid. So overall, great value and I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I liked that the employees were kind and helped when i needed it. the room it self is alittle out of date but clean non the less. the parking lot is well swept as well. over all a good stay that i'd recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I came to Socoro to photograph the cranes at Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Reserve. I didn't have a room reserved so I saw the sign for the hotel and stopped. The staff was very kind, courteous and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I thought the hotel was a good value at a good price and will stay there again when I come back next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
US
Reviewed December 29, 2012

First off, be aware you never need a reservation for Socorro. The only times I can imagine Socorro coming close to selling out is during move-in or commencement at New Mexico Tech, and considering you're only an hour from ABQ, probably not even then. For the night I stayed in Socorro, the Econolodge wanted $65 on its Web site but was advertising a $35 walk-up rate. And that was one of the MORE expensive walk-up rates in town. So don't be a sucker.

Anyway, the San Miguel Inn. I paid $49 and got a decent room, but didn't see all the other walkup rates until after committing here. So maybe I overpaid a bit. But I have no other complaints. The furnishings were a bit dated, but my room, and the rest of the property, were decently maintained. The heat and hot water took a while to fully come on but eventually worked. The TV was an older model but got dozens of channels. There's a fridge and a microwave. The wifi worked fine. No strange carpet stains, noises or anything else unpleasant.

They have coffee in the morning but nothing I'd seriously call breakfast. You have to ask the front desk for ice. Smith's grocery store is across the street and Wal-Mart and several fast food joints are within walking distance.

I regret not trying to drive a harder bargain, but I have definitely paid more for a hotel room and gotten less.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Davis, California
Reviewed December 3, 2012

was passing through and saw the $29.00 sign so we stopped to check out the room. we thought the room was too small so we asked for an upgrade and ended up staying in a bigger room for $45.00. Although the hotel rooms didn't have modern look to it, the room was clean, big and the customer service was exceptional. we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cali.
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Wow, this was one of the worst motel or hotels I have ever stayed in. The only one I would say was worse was the cinderella hotel in ca. where some junkie had shot his blood on the wall in the bathroom. Listed 29.00 for a night, paid 45.00 for a room that the heater was either blasting flames of hell or freezing cold air. Walked in to find 6 beer bottles from last tenant under the bathroom sink, filthy carpets and a small double bed with springs coming through. The shower had to run for over 20 minutes before it was warm enough to feel tepid. The remote didn't work on the crappy little broken down t.v. and even the radio that was screwed into the beside table didn't work. There is no microwave or coffee maker in room that was on billboard. Mildew in shower stall, floor sunk on one side of bathroom. windows in bathroom sealed closed, door for closet was stuck and would not close. Ice bucket with room but no ice machine anywhere to be found. No complementary breakfast as listed on billboard. This was just a filthy room i would not recommend to cockroaches.

Room Tip: don't bother even asking for a room there, GO ANYWHERE ELSE!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank notthatgood2eat
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I wish I had looked at other reviews before staying here. The room was small and very old. The carpet was not clean and it was hard to tell about the bathroom because everything was so old. The overhead light in the room worked but neither of the other lights did. We stayed two nights and the toilet was always running. The heater is an old style one and it is either off or has the fan running on high (only one speed regardless of where you put the dial) and either blew cold air or very hot air. During the last night of our stay the toilet started overflowing and flooding the bathroom so we went in and turned off the water to the toilet. I reported this the next morning to the office. They enquired about me needing to use a toilet and when I said yes, their solution was to give me a key to someone's room who had just checked out so I could use their dirty bathroom! They advertise a free breakfast but it is cold cereal, white bread, and lukewarm juice and milk. I would not stay here again and would suggest you don't either.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple