“Great place to chill with coffee and food”

Manzanares Street Coffeehouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Socorro
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great place to chill with coffee and food”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This place is what I look for in a coffee shop: Good coffe, a selection of places to sit, free wi-fi, nice baked goods, and some sandwiches as well.

I ate breakfast elsewhere, and came in just to get better coffee. I wish I had come here first. In addition to coffee, they serve hot breakfasts and sandwiches. And the baked goods looked absolutely scrumptuous.

The coffee was very good, and they had both tables and comfy chairs to choose from. I got quite a bit of writing done while I sipped the coffee. The clientel was a collection of locals, but I felt very welcome.

Visited December 2013

Placitas, New Mexico
“Coffee is pretty good, but rest is not so great....”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We went there - family and friends - on the way to Bosque del Apache Wild life Refugee. First off, they stop serving breakfast at 11 AM - even on a Sunday. That is their prerogative off course, but, well it is a coffee shop. The menu is quite limited - sandwiches and not very exciting ones at that. Pastry is overpriced. Vegetarian options limitied. My son'd "grilled" cheese wasn't even melted. The coffee is good but not great. The worse thing is the service and the cavalier attitude attached to it. Not worth the trip off the highway. While I will be returning to Bosque de Apache, I won't be returning to this coffeehouse.

• Visited December 2013
Murphy, Texas
“Favorite morning spot”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was in town for the birding festival at Bosque del Apache and this was my favorite place to stop in the morning. The coffee, the lattes, and pastries are great. On different mornings I tried the Apple Honey Tort, the Green Chile and Cheese Croissant, and the Pecan pastry--and they were all very good. The atmosphere is nice and there's plenty of space for parking next to the building. Also, this place is located on the west side of California St (and not the east side, as is shown on some maps).

• Visited November 2013
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,919 helpful votes
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had read great reviews about this coffeehouse right off the Plaza, but were somewhat disapponted It has a great laid back atmosphere and free wifi. It was late and we had light dinners, but they were out of some things that went with our order--tomatoes, spinach, etc. However, they did improvise and we had a very good turkey and cheese sandwich on sourdough bread and a good Greek salad as well as a taxsy apple turnover This is probably better as a breakfast and lunch spot.

• Visited October 2013
New Mexico
“Always worth a stop”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My spouse and I travel frequently to Albuquerque and generally manage to stop at Socorro for lunch or coffee - and if visiting the Bosque del Apache in the early morning, for breakfast! The Coffeehouse is a reliable stop, always freshly made sandwiches, salads, and soups, and the pastries are also home-made and very good. don't be afraid to ask for something to be added or left off, and don't overlook the housemade gelatto! And of course, the multiple coffee offerings and the teas; the coffee is indeed the best in town. Try the prickly-pear ice tea if you get a chance!

• Visited September 2013