“I got engaged here!”
Review of Billy Crews

Billy Crews
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
El Paso, TX
“I got engaged here!”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

The service is really good! The food is well prepared and tasty. The bar is fun! And most importantly...I got engaged here!

El Paso, Texas
“Best Steaks in El Paso!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

The best steaks in El Paso can be found at Billy Crews...Billy himself will hand cut your choice of several gorgeous pieces of meat....for desert try the Butterscotch pie! The restaurant is also famous for its outstanding wine selection.

Visited October 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good meal”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I was very leary of this restaurant after reading the reviews here, but my husband wanted to give it a try. I'm glad we did! Everything was great, and the prices were about average. Maybe they've changed things, but we had a good meal and a great time,

El Paso, Texas
“Worst restaurant experience EVER”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We went on a Saturday night...it was virtually empty. We ordered the fried jalapenos for $7.00. We got 5 poppers from Sam's. My caesar salad was horrible! Sour, with stale store-bought croutons. My "shrimp scampi" was worse. I got 4 shrimp on a bed of under cooked noodles that tasted rancid. My husband's steak was tough, and half of it was gristle. His twice baked potato was burnt and was half a baked potato with nothing on it. Disgusting! We complained to the owner and he comped my meal but did not apologize or even make a comment. What a revolting dining experience! Don't go!!!

• Visited February 2011
Oxnard, California
“Best Steaks in Santa Teresa”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

A bit harder to find than expected since my Garmin GPS did not have the proper location for this restaurant. After passing it, a guard at a gated neighborhood advised me to U-turn and where to find it. On New Year’s night, seating was available. Although there were only two of us, the hostess sat us at a table for five. After a manager pointed this out, she asked if we would mind being seated elsewhere. We didn’t mind so we moved to a table for four in a second of two large dining rooms. This later one was decorated with red paint, chair rail and a very loud floral wallpaper. After a short period, a waiter came to take a drink order. Since this restaurant is famous for its wine list, I decide to order a bottle of wine so I requested a wine list. He returned with a short list of wines available by the glass. After he returned again for an order, I asked for the list of bottles. After finally reviewing this and making my selection, it took the waiter a long time to return. We finally placed our wine order and decided it would be best to order our meals at the same time. I ordered a rib eye steak with steak fries while my wife ordered the small filet with twice-baked potato. Next another server came to explain that the first waiter had written down the wrong bin number for the wine and if I could identify the bottle again. This was a very hard bottle to get ordered! Finally the wine came, as did the food. The meal ended up being enjoyable but was not on my list of favorite ten steak restaurants. I did enjoy reading a statement that this restaurant made a top ten list of steak restaurants in Texas and is proud to note that they are located in New Mexico!