“Not a good "Choice" hotel”

Quality Inn Santa Rosa
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Not a good "Choice" hotel”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel two years ago when it was a Comfort Inn, this place is not in the same category. On July 14, 2012, when I called from my car, they answered "Quality Inn", they still had the same number as the old "Comfort Inn", the bood has not been updated. We have stayed at "Quality Inns" before on this trip, but htis one sucks. The air conditiioner did not work, the TV did not work, which we found out after we were readly for bed. The alarm clock had to have the plug pulled from the wall to keep it from shorting out. The only good thing, the shower. After a hot, no sleep night, the breakfast was mediocre. The woman at the desk took our complaint, and said, "Sorry". We worn't be back. After we left, we drove across the street, spoke to the manager at the "Comfort Inn, and got their card and information to use and pass on to our friends. We have also reported this to the "Choice Hotels" 800 number, and made sure our friends, who also use "Comfort and Quality Inns", of the poor quality of this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to the "Comfort Inn", across the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Santarosanm, General Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Guest:

We apologize that you haven't had good experience at our hotel.
Please let me know by calling or email so I can compensate your not so pleasant stay at our hotel.
We try our best to accommodate our guest well & have wonderful travel experience.
Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Newalla
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel a couple years ago and although it was nothing spectacular it was satisfactory. So when we were to be passing through on July 13 I didn't hesitate to make a reservation for another night. I first got there and paid cash but the desk clerk insisted I give her my credit card for "incidentals". She then had the nerve to ask me if I want my cash receipt today or tomorrow. She has both my cash and credit card, doesn't trust me with her valuable "incidentals", yet thinks I'm going to trust her not to give me a receipt! I get to the room and am wondering what kind of incidentals this hotel could have. I see nothing in the room that there would be a charge for, there is no restaurant for me to order room service so what "incidentals" is requiring me to provide a credit card. In the room itself, the sink was slow to drain, the handle on the bathroom door was broken and the coffee maker leaked water. Aside from those things, the room was nothing fancy but was acceptable. I too noticed the $59 rate on their sign, my rate was $61 AAA. I know they add a few $ for a second person but even so, IF I indeed received a AAA discount, it wasn't much. I found a comment card in the room to be left at the desk, I hesitate to do that since the employees could just throw it away. I did however fill it out, mentioning the "incidentals", the things needing repaired and questioning the price. When I turned it in while checking out the desk clerk read it. She made no comment on the price or the repairs. Only said that "incidentals" are phone calls. Now 20 years ago I can see that as a problem, however, nowadays when even children have cell phones I have trouble believing that people running out on phone charges is such a big problem that they require a credit card. Her only other comment was "Sorry bout that". I just hope my card didn't find it's way to the trash can as soon as I left. We will be making another trip through in late Aug./early Sept. but we'll try a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Santarosanm, General Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Hello Guest

We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding on the incidental charges.. Our front desk attendant was in training & instead of incidentals, it should have been the security deposit for cash paying guests. We do take credit card on file or cash deposits for cash paying guests. Again, we sincerely apologize if your enjoyable stay has been interrupted by mosunderstanding. Please contact us. We at Quality Inn, Santa Rosa, will try our best to make it right & enjoyable for our guests. Thank you for taking the time for the detail comment. Only comments like this make our hotel to have better training & provide superior services.
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed on our way through. Pool was good for kids to unwind in after long day. Room was well kept and clean. Beds fairly comfortable. Good complimentary breakfast. We would stay again!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Micav78
Santarosanm, Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Hello Guest Micav78:

Thank you for the recent stay. We appreciate the comment on the tripadvisor.com.

Socorro, New Mexico
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Quality Inn- Santa Rosa, NM
We stayed here using 10,000 points from the Choice Award program.
There was a walk in coupon available for $58. The motel had a sign advertising rooms for $59. Choice web site wanted $63 Senior rate.

This is an older and dated motel but equipped as you would expect for a Quality Inn. The rooms have out side doors and the bath has a tub/shower combo.
The rooms are generally clean but there were a few signs of lack of maintenance.
There was a light out in the shower area and a dead cockroach. There was an infestation of small flies in the window and the hot tub water was murky. The man testing the water said it needed changing.
They had hot biscuits and gravy for breakfast however the milk was soured.
No traffic noise. The desk clerk was helpful.
There is a Mexican/American restaurant adjacent and a DQ burger shack across the street.
I would try another motel the next time thru.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank golfing72
Dear Guest Ross Y:

We apologize that we didn't meet your expectation while your stay at our Quality Inn, Santa Rosa, NM.

Please email us at gm.nm421@choicehotels.com We would like to make it RIGHT and if you let us give us one more opportunity, we will try our best to accommodate your stay.

Thank you.

Scottsdale
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I'd stay here again, but there were a few concerns. First off, the place was very clean, although the carpet in my room was still wet from the last cleaning. The staff was friendly, and they had a good free breakfast; eggs, waffles, biscuits & gravy, etc.

When I got to the hotel I saw that they were advertising a rack rate that was about the same as the AAA rate I got at their website, so essentially I didn't get an AAA discount. Also, the website said the pet fee was $10 but the front desk clerk said it was $15 (although he let me have the $10 rate).

I liked the room, but I could only find two electrical outlets so I had to use an extension cord to plug in my cpap machine. If you have a medical condition that requires electricity near your bed, be sure to travel with an extension cord.

Overall it's a nice place and a good value for a mid-priced hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BJDealer
Santarosanm, Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear BJ Dealer:

We appreciate your stay. We understand that there are other hotels available in the area and we appreciate choosing our hotel.

Please contact us so we can apply AAA discounts for your last stay.

Again, thank you again for your excellent comment and we try hard to maintain Quality stay at Quality Inn, Santa Rosa, NM.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Room was ok but some services were not working. Hot tub not working. Breakfast was missing many items very poor.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank RanLove
Dear RanLove:

Thank you for the super comment on tripadvisor.com for our hotel, Quality Inn at Santa Rosa, NM.

We apologize that you have visited during our annual preventive maintenance time.

If you can send us the email or contact us, we will send you the voucher where we can offer our appreciation for your stay.

Thank you and we look forward to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Manager at Quality Inn, Santa Rosa, NM
Colorado
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We made our reservations ahead for 2 rooms for 2 families together. The rooms were ready, the front desk receptionist was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was plentiful and the hot tub and pool was just what was needed after a long day of travel. We were given 2 adjoining rooms on the second floor located above the breakfast area and no neighbors on either side. They were both very comfortable and just a short (inside) stroll to the pool area. We were so impressed with it that we booked the same rooms for our return trip back through. We'll certainly stay again if we get down that way.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank lbhcollector
Santarosanm, Manager at Quality Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Dear lbhcollector:

Thanks for your incredibly kind words. I enjoyed reading good things about your experience.

We look forward to your next visit and doing our best to exceed your expectations.

Best Regards,