“Staff makes the whole experience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Falcon, Colorado
“Staff makes the whole experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Spent a week and a half here, while on business. Very comfortable, and conveniently located. Enjoyed my stay thoroughly, but it was made excellent by the staff. Michaela and the entire staff really make the place special. If I'm in the area again, I will most certainly stay here and I will recommend it to my friends.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hello there ShelleyH277,
We are very excited to know that your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express was more than pleasurable. Our team here at HIEX in Santa Rosa, New Mexico stride to provide excellent customer service to all our guests. We are happy to know that as a team we have exceeded our goal. We will be sharing your comments with our team to remind them this is why we "Go for the gold" when it comes to our guests. We do appreciate you for taking the time to write this great review. We do hope to see you and your friends whenever you are traveling through eastern New Mexico.

Front Office Manager,
Dallas T.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

First - the manager (owner?) is GREAT. He actually remembered me! That's nice and his customer service rocks. However, not all who work there share his enthusiasm. This is not my first stay here; I was disappointed on my first visits, so I knew what I was getting into when I made my reservations. The only reason I booked here is because I wanted to get our hotel points. I crisscross the US and when I’m on the West Tour, Santa Rosa is a perfect lay over point. For a 1-night stay, this hotel is ok. The beds sleep ok – I’m usually so tired by the time we get here that I could sleep on just about anything. The bathrooms aren’t as clean as they should be, but it’s not awful, either. The rooms aren't too dirty, but they're not really clean, either. I really hate looking at the ironing board hanging up by the TV. The best things it has going for it are the manager and the Silver Moon (a restaurant that’s been there since 1959), just a couple of blocks down the street. Appearances here are deceiving. As grand of an entrance it has, the customer service, the cleanliness, and the maintenance have yet to live up to the standards the lobby suggests. Will I stay here again? Yes, but not for more than a night or two.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear CharlieCN2011,

thank you taking the time to leave us a feedback about your recent stay. We have shared your comments with the rest of the staff. Here at the Holiday Inn Express we always want to provide excellent customer service to all our guests. We love getting feed back good or bad, it helps us to improve.
Please feel free at anytime to reach out to me at 575-472-5411 or sronmhie@yahoo.com to discuss this matter further.

Sincerely

Michaela Dodson
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

On a recent roadtrip, I needed to stop for the night in Albuquerque or Tucumcari.... I took a chance and booked in Santa Rosa.
Best thing I ever did!
Dallas called me the morning of my stay to discuss my special request I made online for a quiet room. I was so impressed and more impressed when I arrived. Jorge at the front desk was wonderful, and lo and behold! Dallas showed up outside of his shift to help Jorge. I was so impressed that the employees care and do such a great job for their customers. The next morning, manager Michaela was on duty, along with Dallas. The nicest people! I had the best time and it was only one night!
This Holiday Inn Express is the cleanest and neatest, by far. I can say that because I drove for 2 more days and stayed at 2 more Holiday Inn Express,and Santa Rosa blew them away.
I needed to use the washer and dryer and they were unbelievably clean.... seriously. You know there is always bits of sludge and detergent around the lid of a public washing machine. Not here. Again, duly impressed and so happy with my stay.
Consider stopping in Santa Rosa if you are roadtripping on the I-40 and see that Albuquerque and Tucumcari are larger cities on the map. You won't be sorry!

Room Tip: I requested a room on the 3rd floor, which is the uppermost and asked for "a quiet room."
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Hi there Simonexrez,
We are very pleased to know that you decided to give us a chance here at the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Rosa, New Mexico. To let you know that here at HIEX we stride to provide our guests with excellent customer service and a great place to relax after a long day of traveling. When we did share the great comments you left for Jorge he was amazed. This is reminder to us that pulling together as a team is what we do best and that we shoot for the stars when it comes to our meeting our guests needs. We are so happy to know that you took the time to leave us this awesome review about our team and our hotel cleanliness. Most of all we are very excited to know that you were beyond satisfied with your one night stay with us. We do hope that when you are traveling through New Mexico that you do visit us again. It was a pleasure serving you and great to know that your stay was an impressionable one.

Front Office Manager,
Brownsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the HIE on a recent trip back from Colorado. I was very pleased and surprised at the amenities offered, especially for families. We usually stay at Hamptons but they had no vacancies. The HIE offered great things for families traveling and this one was PET FRIENDLY! It had a great "leisure room" game room with two really nice pool tables, an indoor pool and spa ( filled with laughing kids!) and most considerate for traveling families on vacation--a washer and dryer on every floor. I was also pleasantly surprised at the complimentary breakfast. They offered alternative to the waffle, bagle, and cereal/yogurt routine including some VERY tasty cinnamon rolls. AND the bed and pillows were every bit as nice as the Hamptons we usually stay in. Good job HIE. BTW are all HIEs pet friendly now (we stay at La Quinta when traveling with our dog because it's well known for pet friendly and I don't have to guess if a hotel is or isn't)

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hello there mtm124, we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Rosa, New Mexico. Our team strides to offer the best for our traveling families. We will be sharing you awesome comments with our staff to remind them that we shoot for the stars. We thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review about our hotel. We do hope to see you for future visits. We would also like to let you know that not all Holiday Inn Express properties are pet-friendly. We would recommend you to call the hotel to follow up on their pet policies or to look on their hotel website.

Front Office Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This property is an average Holiday Inn Express with comfortable and quiet rooms. The breakfast included was ok. Good location off of the interstate. If you just want a clean room overnight while traveling this is a good choice.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear GWandCD,
We would like to thank you for taking to the time to give us a review about your previous stay with us. We do apologize that we were just an average Holiday Inn Express and we do hope to make an impression the next time you are traveling through the area.

Front Desk Manager
Goodyear, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Have stayed at four newer,nicer HIE this trip, so was a little disappointed. Given this is an older property, it wasn't bad but could use a remodel. Bed and linens were as good as newer places, but room was dark and bathroom needed some attention/repair. Bathtub was slippery, almost fell. Fruit at breakfast bar was sad at best. If you just need a good clean bed, it's ok.

• Stayed June 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear travelkat 818,
first of all thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We do appreciate all comments good or bad.
We hope that you still will stay with us the next time you are in Santa Rosa NM.
Please reach out to me at sronmhie@yahoo.com if you would like to discuss the problems any further.

Sincerely
Michaela Dodson
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was our second time staying in 3 years. The hotel could use a little sprucing up, but overall not bad. 2 Queen beds, good linens. Nice TV. Actually had a Directv box in room. Only real complaint is that the room could use a good cleaning, especially in the corners of the bathroom. Not saying the room is dirty, because I feel they do a good cleaning between guests, but I think it could use a thorough cleaning to scrub the corners and tile, etc, to get it back up to a 5/5. There aren't alot of restaurants in the area.....a couple of local joints that we have not checked out, and a DQ, McDonalds, and up on the hill a Carl's Jr or Subway at the gas stations...so plan ahead. A good place for an overnight stop on a long drive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hello there letsgoeverywhere05,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to know that you were comfortable in the room that you stayed in. We appreciate your feedback about our hotel because it helps us identify the issues that we need to be improved on as a hotel. We do hope that when you are traveling through New Mexico that you do decide to stay with us again.

Front Office Manager