“Holiday Inn Express.”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Albany, New York
“Holiday Inn Express.”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

From the moment we walked in we greeted and welcomed. We felt as if we were at home. The gentleman in the front was very helpful and polite. The room was very clean and cozy. The breakfast in the morning was very good. Lots of choices. I recommend this hotel to anyone passing through santa rosa.

• Stayed April 2014
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello there Greekgi,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to right us a great review about our hotel. Here at the Holiday Inn Express we love to build a family-friendly atmosphere for all of our guests so once they arrive they can kick off their shoes and relax. Most of all we are glad to know that you were able to get some rest in our spacious and comfortable rooms. We are so pleased to hear that you started off your morning the smart way with our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast. We do hope that when you are traveling through the area that you do stay with us again.

Front Office Manager,
Dallas T.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Penasco, New Mexico
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were on our yearly family vacation and decided to stop in Santa Rosa for the night so that we could rest and have the kids unwind and maybe go for a swim in the pool so we could have a relaxing evening as a family. The breakfast was amazing and all fresh, the staff was amazing and very helpful in recommending a great place to eat, (The Santa Fe Grille is the restaurant that was recommended and the food was so good!!!) and in the morning when checking out the staff was so helpful in giving us directions to our next destination. Will definitely stay here again and my family and I very highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Rosa NM.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is not my first stay here; I was disappointed on my first visits, so I knew what I was getting into when I made my reservations. The only reason I booked here is because I wanted to get our hotel points. I crisscross the US and when I’m on the West Tour, Santa Rosa is a perfect lay over point. For a 1-night stay, this hotel is ok. The beds sleep ok – I’m usually so tired by the time we get here that I could sleep on just about anything. The bathrooms aren’t as clean as they should be, but it’s not awful, either. The rooms aren't too dirty, but they're not really clean, either. I really hate looking at the ironing board hanging up by the TV. The best thing it has going for it is the Silver Moon (a restaurant that’s been there since 1959), just a couple of blocks down the street. Appearances here are deceiving. As grand of an entrance it has, the customer service, the cleanliness, and the maintenance have yet to live up to the standards the lobby suggests. Will I stay here again? Yes, but NEVER for more than one night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank CharlieCN
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear charlieCN,

thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your stay and for being a loyal returning guest with us. Let me apologize for the issues you had during your stay.
Please feel free to reach out to me at sronmhie@yahoo.com
We do hope to see you again.
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I recently moved from Wisconsin to Arizona. We drove 3 days and planned two overnight stays along the way and Santa Rosa, NM was one of the stops. I always read reviews on hotels before booking and the reviews were telling me to stay in another large chain that was just down the street. However, I've had several really good stays in a Holiday Inn Express in other cities so I ignored the good advice online and booked here. This turned out to be a big mistake.

When I walked in the lobby to check in, I was not greeted, but instead the front desk clerk shouted "Do you have a reservation?" I said yes, and she was relived since apparently they were booked up. There was another guest checking in and while I was waiting she was chatting him up with a story and language that was inappropriate for a customer service person. I'm not offended by much but I felt this to be highly unprofessional at best.

Once checked in, the first thing we wanted to do was hit the hot tub after 10+ hours of driving and simply relax. The pool area was not clean and when we went to turn on the hot tub, it was not working. We picked up the phone to call the front desk and there was no answer. My husband went out to the desk to ask about this and could not find the clerk. He walked outside to find her smoking a cigarette outside the front doors. She basically said, "yeah, it's broken" and offered no apology.

The room itself was dirty. The sheets looked like they had not been changed and there were stains on the comforter, body hair in our bed and black streaks on the sheets. The shower had mold along the caulking and the room was dusty. We went down to our car and got the quilt out that we were carrying and used that instead.

After our trip, I did contact the Manager of the hotel via email. I was told the clerk was fired and was given an apology. She asked if there was anything else she could do. I replied that since I paid more money for the Holiday Inn and, in particular, for the hot tub which was not working, I thought we deserved a discount on the room and therefore some money back. I never heard back from her.

Given this info, I can tell you there's another chain down the street with better rates and a nicer view. Go there!! This was a huge disappointment and should be an embarrassment for the Holiday Inn Express chain which I've experienced to be of much higher quality.

Room Tip: Try another hotel!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SwolfWI
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear SwolfWI,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Santa Rosa.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed one quick night in this hotel while on a cross country moving trip. This hotel is an average place to stay. Prices were reasonable, I paid a little more hoping for a cleaner room then neighboring hotels. There was enough room for me to park a large moving van and car carrier when I arrived, but in the morning the lot was busy. I was able to turn around BARELY because there were no cars in the parking lot when I arrived there. There are no restaurants are bars in this hotel, however there was a little restaurant that served beer about 2 blocks east (easy walk) from this hotel.
Free Wi-Fi and Free breakfast were nice. Room was clean. I did have to pay an additional fee for my dog and cat.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd floor unless you have a pet. Those 3rd floor rooms are reserved for pets.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Hi there,

thank you for staying with us and for leaving us a review about how we are doing. We sure appropriate you taking the time to let us know.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again the next time you travel through Santa Rosa NM.
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Traveling across country, Santa Rosa was our pick after a long days drive. Anytime I see a hotel is located on Route 66 I hold up in making my reservations because of the usual age of hotels. The town seems to be missing so much opportunity in capturing the nostalgia of this route. Lots of buildings ran down. I can understand because of the age but the amount of junk that is around them is a turn off. If I wasn't so tired, we would of driven on. However the grounds at this hotel were clean.

We passed up our 1st choice of a hotel and read the reviews of this one in the parking lot. We decided to give this one a shot because surely there is at least an expected standard. Walking into the hotel we were impressed of the entrance and even getting into our room. The use of granite or look a like granite was used through out. Nice touch.

It's the small details for me that make this either an average stay or an exceptional one. Here's the opportunity. We stayed in room 209. A light above the bed was missing the light with an open light socket. The corners in the bathroom had a build up of about 1/2" of dirt. Sure the floors were cleaned but no one took the time to make sure the dirt didn't get pushed over into the corner. Walking out of the elevator the electrical socket cover is missing. My pillow case had a stain on it. In the morning, the wife and I both could not drink the coffee as it was extremely weak.

You guys are close, just need to turn it up a notch. Now days you never know what customer is going to walk in and do a review on you. I openly have my Travelocity tag on my luggage and yes I do reviews. Sorry I live 1000 miles away and won't be back again in the area so it can be made up. I hope this hotels expectations don't slip further because of how the area deems it is acceptable.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Danimal04,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. It is rewarding to hear that you appreciate our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guest's needs and I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us particularly with the room accommodations and amenities. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Michigan
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Would stay here again if traveling through the area, thought it was a little overpriced however, was tired from driving for over 12 hours. Friendly, helpful staff, breakfast could have been better bisquits were hard as a rock with not much of a selection.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo