“Missed opportunities”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Columbia, Missouri
“Missed opportunities”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Traveling across country, Santa Rosa was our pick after a long days drive. Anytime I see a hotel is located on Route 66 I hold up in making my reservations because of the usual age of hotels. The town seems to be missing so much opportunity in capturing the nostalgia of this route. Lots of buildings ran down. I can understand because of the age but the amount of junk that is around them is a turn off. If I wasn't so tired, we would of driven on. However the grounds at this hotel were clean.

We passed up our 1st choice of a hotel and read the reviews of this one in the parking lot. We decided to give this one a shot because surely there is at least an expected standard. Walking into the hotel we were impressed of the entrance and even getting into our room. The use of granite or look a like granite was used through out. Nice touch.

It's the small details for me that make this either an average stay or an exceptional one. Here's the opportunity. We stayed in room 209. A light above the bed was missing the light with an open light socket. The corners in the bathroom had a build up of about 1/2" of dirt. Sure the floors were cleaned but no one took the time to make sure the dirt didn't get pushed over into the corner. Walking out of the elevator the electrical socket cover is missing. My pillow case had a stain on it. In the morning, the wife and I both could not drink the coffee as it was extremely weak.

You guys are close, just need to turn it up a notch. Now days you never know what customer is going to walk in and do a review on you. I openly have my Travelocity tag on my luggage and yes I do reviews. Sorry I live 1000 miles away and won't be back again in the area so it can be made up. I hope this hotels expectations don't slip further because of how the area deems it is acceptable.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Danimal04,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. It is rewarding to hear that you appreciate our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guest's needs and I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us particularly with the room accommodations and amenities. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Michigan
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Would stay here again if traveling through the area, thought it was a little overpriced however, was tired from driving for over 12 hours. Friendly, helpful staff, breakfast could have been better bisquits were hard as a rock with not much of a selection.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Mustang, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Nice place to stay. Came here with kids that wanted to swim. Pool was nice and also the hot tub. Rooms were big with comfy beds with good pillows. I'm very picky sho that is a big deal.
Only complaint would be the bagels at breakfast were hard, which there were many other options so not a issue at all.
Front desk was very nice.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a blessing. Clean and comfortable. Staff is friendly. Continental breakfast is fresh. Beds are comfortable. The pool is heated too! We've stayed here twice in the last year and were happy each time. I put four instead of five stars because they could use a bit more maintenance.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed here twice in 2 weeks while on a holiday trip. The staff is friendly, the breakfasts great, the rooms are just fine. My only complaint would be that they need new towels. The ones I had were frayed and hard as burlap. Still and all, I would stay here again with no reservations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed while passing through for one night and found it to be in line with the chain. It was clean and quiet and everything worked properly. Breakfast is the standard Holiday Inn fare, nothing special, but it's what I expect since I usually try to stay in e chain.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hi there,
thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback about your recent stay. We always love to hear what our guests have to say. We hope to see you again the next time you are passing through Santa Rosa NM.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I usually have good luck with this chain, but stayed in Santa Rosa recently and found that while on the surface everything looked okay, looking underneath showed a lack of care. For instance, the bath towels were all frayed along the edges. Not a deal breaker, but still not what I want to see. Also, I opened the bedside cabinet and found that the drawers had lots of hair scattered around. I'll admit that I'm a little phobic about that, but would you want to put anything in that drawer? Overall my impression was that the bare minimum upkeep is being done.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Michaela D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Terra1411,

please let me apologize for the issues you had here. Please feel free to reach out to me at sronmhie@yahoo.com.
We hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.