On a road trip from West to East coast and this hotel was my third one for the week. I know Santa Rosa isn't the "Hot Spot" of the world, but this hotel could do a LOT better.
Lets start with the good; it's clean.
Now the bad:
1) TV didn't work; they have DirecTV service in the room however the signal goes out every 30 secs or so making the viewing impossible
2) Service; really poor. Asked for some advice on where to eat or what was available to deliver and got this look like I was an absolute moron for asking. I get that its a small town, but its not unreasonable to figure that some of your guest might need something to eat. Eventually, found out that a local pizza joint delivers; however when I asked if they had a copy of a menu; it was like I was asking for a hand signed copy of the declaration of independence. Guys, if there is only one delivery place in town .... you might want to have a copy of the menu on hand !
3) Air Conditioning: Positive: Room was very cool. Negative: The floor surrounding the AC was soaking wet from the unit.
4) Shower: Positive: It had water ; Negative it had only cold water !!! Yes I let it run for 10 minutes and not a bit of heat !.
On complaining about the above I was offered $10 off my bill ... which seems to me frankly insulting especially when there are these "service guarantee" cards all round the place saying if they can't fix the issue your night is free ! Well that's just a bunch of horse manure !
Look I wasn't looking from a FREE room, but an apology and some form of proper discount would have been nice, I know ice cold showers are supposed to be good for you but after a long road trip ...... probably not the best thing to experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel of Santa Rosa, NM. We are located on Historic Route 66, also near Interstate 40, and Hwy 84 and 54. We are also conveniently located near Blue Hole (Scuba Capitol of the Southwest), and minutes away from Santa Rosa Lake & state park, for boating, fishing and water skiing. Enjoy a leisurely cruise on Historic Route 66 on your way to Santa Rosa Softball Complex, Park Lake (with slide) and golf course, just miles away from the hotel. Begin your day with our complimentary hot Express Start breakfast bar (6 AM to 9:30 AM daily). Relax in our indoor heated pool & spa, or play a game of pool in our game room, or exercise in our fitness room. You will be walking from one of the most unique lobby while making your way to your room, complete with the luxurious Simply Smart Bedding and high-speed Internet in all rooms. We also have two elevators in our hotel. Come enjoy our Southwestern hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa Hotel Santa Rosa
- Holiday Inn Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Holiday Inn