“Unfriendly, poor service, won't stay again.”

Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
CA
“Unfriendly, poor service, won't stay again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

On a road trip from West to East coast and this hotel was my third one for the week. I know Santa Rosa isn't the "Hot Spot" of the world, but this hotel could do a LOT better.
Lets start with the good; it's clean.
Now the bad:
1) TV didn't work; they have DirecTV service in the room however the signal goes out every 30 secs or so making the viewing impossible
2) Service; really poor. Asked for some advice on where to eat or what was available to deliver and got this look like I was an absolute moron for asking. I get that its a small town, but its not unreasonable to figure that some of your guest might need something to eat. Eventually, found out that a local pizza joint delivers; however when I asked if they had a copy of a menu; it was like I was asking for a hand signed copy of the declaration of independence. Guys, if there is only one delivery place in town .... you might want to have a copy of the menu on hand !
3) Air Conditioning: Positive: Room was very cool. Negative: The floor surrounding the AC was soaking wet from the unit.
4) Shower: Positive: It had water ; Negative it had only cold water !!! Yes I let it run for 10 minutes and not a bit of heat !.

On complaining about the above I was offered $10 off my bill ... which seems to me frankly insulting especially when there are these "service guarantee" cards all round the place saying if they can't fix the issue your night is free ! Well that's just a bunch of horse manure !

Look I wasn't looking from a FREE room, but an apology and some form of proper discount would have been nice, I know ice cold showers are supposed to be good for you but after a long road trip ...... probably not the best thing to experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear AndrewCA,
first of all let me apologize for all the issues you had here. Please reach out to me at sronmhie@yahoo.com I would like to discuss this issue a little bit more privately with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We will not stay here again, staff were great but the room needed help! The bedding was old and kinda grey looking, not nice and white, mattress had sink holes..the bed skirt was not put on correctly and it was so wrinkled that it made everything look worse than it had to be..the furniture is kinda sad looking and the TV did not really fit the cabinet in was in..did not have an updated channel guide.. Some broken tile in the bathroom..they also had 2 big pitchers holding the milk in the breakfast room and i prefer the individual cartons..especially when you see unkept things it makes you wonder how clean the pitchers were...Lobby furniture needs updating, not inviting to sit on!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gglenda,
thank you for taking the time to write about your experience you had here. We do appreciate every feedback good or bad. We do hope you will give us another try to serve you better.
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a pet-friendly hotel and the rooms are quite comfortable and clean. Our room smelled like dog, but I suppose that's to be expected if people have dogs in there pretty much every night. However, it was tidy and well-maintained.

The free breakfast is a great perk. I took advantage of it very early, right when it started, so I did not get a chance to see how busy it might get later on.

We arrived at around 10 pm and it was quite a long wait to check in. There were 3 parties in line ahead of us and the single clerk was taking quite some time with each check-in. As this is a hotel frequented by weary highway travelers who may arrive late, I hope the hotel manager considers greater staffing in the evening.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hi there,
thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We always appreciate feedback. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Santa Rosa NM.
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were greatly disappointed with our recent stay in Santa Rosa, NM. We stopped for an overnight stay during a cross country vacation. We chose this hotel because of our great experiences with other Holiday Inn Expresses. We stayed in a 2bd unit with 2 adults and 2 teenagers. The beds were comfortable but that is about the only positive remark I can make about the property. The bathroom floor was filthy, there were other bodily fluids on the bathroom wall and the room was musty smelling. The wake up breakfast was not very tastey but did have a large selection. The computer system was down the entire stay and I haven't received a receipt for my stay, nor have I been contacted by the front office staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear LikeMooreTravel,
I am very sorry to hear about your experience you had at our hotel. Please reach out to me at sronmhie@yahoo.com so we can talk about it some more. I hope you will give us another chance in the further to serve you better.
Clearfield, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were in the middle of an intercontinental move and we picked the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Rosa at random. I'm so glad we did. It was our first stop on a three day drive. I've stayed at Holiday Inns before but never at an Express. I was pleasantly surprised. The beds were phenomenal. So comfortable and soft, we could have slept forever.

We arrived in the late evening with two small children and the staff was very helpful and friendly. They were able to give us a room even though we did not have a reservation. They also gave us a military discount which we hadn't counted on- another pleasant surprise.

We stayed at another Holiday Inn Express after this because of the wonderful experience we had in Santa Rosa. Unfortunately that one, in Moab, did not live up to the experience we had in Santa Rosa. I've already recommended the HIE in Santa Rosa to anyone who will be travelling that way! Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hi there,
thank you for taking the time to write about your experience you had with us. We are all very happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us. Our goal here is to make everyone feel at home. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Santa Rosa NM.
Suffolk, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Overall the hotel experience was just for one night. At first it started out great when I called in route and made a reservation. The woman named Jaid was very helpful and courteous. Once we arrived, she was quick to get us checked in knowing it was late at night. She told us of the breakfast in the morning as well.
The room was spacious and clean and so to was the bathroom. In addition, the hotel was relatively quiet for being close to the busy highway.
Another cool thing is that they have Direct Tv in the rooms.
In the morning is where the service went down. The breakfast area was out of everything when we showed up with two hungry kids. I had to keep asking the front desk for things. The tables and the trash were all dirty and overflowing. The people at the front desk saw this and rather than assist the worker taking care of the breakfast area, they just told her to do the tasks asked of her.
So overall, some service was really good while others were just average.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Michael B,
thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our Hotel. I'm glad to hear that for the most part you were able to enjoy yourself and with the issues you had I will look into them. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stopped here mainly because it has been our prior experiences with HIE have exceeded our expectations but this was a disappointment. We were tired and road weary from traveling
Route 66 nearly 8 hours that day. The young man in the lobby at registration was not at all helpful with dinner suggestions I sincerely doubt he either lived here or he was at the very least new to the area<he did not even know old route 66 passed thru the city> the room was below par for HIE and was a little old and worn with a bad smell. The interstate runs right next to this hotel so if you are a light sleeper you will need ear plugs at the very least. Did not eat breakfast here. Coffee was cold and the food was the usual fare so we opted to drive into town for breakfast

Room Tip: you are right next to interstate 40 and the trucks are very loud