“Nice but could use more focus on Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice but could use more focus on Customer Service”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

This is a newer HIE and has all the normal amenities for the chain. They do have a pool table which is nice. The people are just going through the motions. More customer focus would really enhance the place.

• Stayed October 2012
Michaela D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
We are sorry to hear about the lack of customer focus we will make sure to work on that. Please consider the oppurtunity to make your stay more enjoyable the next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

There are many options for hotels in Santa Rosa but the staff at this hotel go out of their way to make your stay just a little more special. If you are a Holiday Inn club member there is always a nice welcome sack waiting for you with bottled water and snacks. Nice touch. Rooms are very clean and have nice amenities. There are many choices for the complimentary breakfast. Food is very fresh. Rates are excellent in Santa Rosa so don't stay in Tucumcari at HIE where they charge much more for same rooms. You can't beat the staff in Santa Rosa!!!

Room Tip: First floor is great. Top floor is pet friendly so not a good choice if you have pet allergies. Be...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and your kind rewiev. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you are coming through Santa Rosa.
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The first room we were given had an overwhelming odor of excrement as soon as we entered the room. We were immediately reassigned an upgraded room, but unfortunately this room had used towels and what appeared to be a dirty bathtub. What I thought was an unclean tub was actually a stain that couldn't be removed. The front desk clerk who was the only person on duty came to the room and quickly and efficiently removed the dirty linen and cleaned the tub and sink area. I believe this experience is not typical of the hotel and because the front desk person was so willing to make everything comfortable for us, I am giving the hotel a higher recommendation than would be expected. The upgraded room was large with a comfortable king bed and a sitting area. The microwave and refrigerator were larger than the standard hotel room size. Breakfast was disappointing in that there was not much selection and the room was not very inviting.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lcg02
Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Rosa NM. We deeply apologize for the initial problems you encountered upon arrival. We were happy to hear that our front desk clerk took care of the situation promply. We would appreciate the opportunity to better serve you the next time you travel through Santa Rosa.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was travelling from Lake Havasu Arizona to Plano Texas and had planned to stop overnight, approximately half way, in Santa Rosa. I arrived late and tired with no reservations but was able to get an excellent room in short order. The next morning I accidently left my ipad in the breakfast area of the hotel and didn't even realize it until Deanette Madril, the general manager of the hotel sent an email to my home which I viewed on my phone. I had been on the road for over 4 hours when I checked my email and couldn't turn back to get it. When I got home I called Deanette and she told me not to worry that she would box it and ship it back to me priority mail. I received my lost Ipad in two days in perfect condition. I am very appreciative to Deanette and her staff for finding my Ipad and returning it to me. This was a very convenient place to stay relative to I-40 and the accommodations were excellent.

Plano Traveller

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This hotel has always been good to us, pool and hot tub has always been clean " a plus". Breakfast is the usual Holiday inn express. Staff has always been friendly. Close to the Blue hole for a morning swim.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Deanette M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Hi there this is Deanette Madril, with the Holiday Day Inn Express in Santa Rosa, New Mexico , I personally wanted to thank you for staying with us and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and also for giving us a good review. You have yourself a good day and hope to see you visit us soon.
Jefferson, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Traveling to the American West from far East Texas requires a break somewhere and Santa Rosa has been that place for me on four different occassions in the past 18 months. I finally hit the right spot for a little work before the night's rest.

I have to admit I wasn't so sure on first glance - we got there just before the night clerk rolled into the parking lot with the windows down and the music blaring - but by the time I was dealing with him at the counter, it was clear he not only knew what he was doing but was efficient in doing it.

I had a couple of other small needs that had me making a couple of late trips to the counter or out to the truck - the guy was (is) his own kinda young man but I ended up feeling impressed with him as well as pleased with his care of guests.

The room was just what you'd expect - nothing extravagent but spot-on clean and with reliable Internet service - just the kind of thing a business traveler is looking for. The value was a fine one too - we had stopped at another "traveler's brand" up the street and walked right back out owing to bad vibes.

I've got my place to light next time I'm through Santa Rosa - enjoyed enough that I even signed up for the rewards program. If you don't have your own favorite, I can strongly recommend this one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Greetings!, Hi this is Deanette madril from the Holiday Inn Express in Santa Rosa, New Mexico. I wanted to thank you for the good review and im beyond glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and we hope to see you bakc soon and if you have any other suggestions please let us know. Thank you again, and have a wonderful day.
Stephenville, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2012

They had space for us, for which I was grateful - but when I checked out on Saturday morning, I told the person at the front desk that the a/c in the room was leaking water onto the carpet --- when I came back through on Wednesday, I was put in the same room and by Wednesday, the carpet was drenched - ICK -
OK, so the room had problems - I just didn't know how disapointed I could be in my travel experience. I was traveling with family and we were leaving on Thursday morning. The person that works the front desk decided that breakfast at 6:00 a.m. meant he would start putting things out at 6:05 a.m. - He was VERY RUDE to my 83 year old father when my dad was trying to get something to eat - this employee of the HIEH stomped around, slammed on lights, and if you are a coffee drinker (which I am not), he finally had some coffee out about 6:15. I would have thought rather than being mad at the guests for being there waiting to get something to eat at 6:00, a prudent person would have had the food out & ready starting at 6:00 - This guy made a fool of himself - If I were not a priority member, I don't know if I would be interested in staying with Holiday Inn for further visits.
(I tried to turn in the room key when we left and wanted to tell him, or someone, that the carpet was soaked in the room, but this guy continued to exemplify what a great customer service person he truly was - he stood outside smoking glaring at our party as we were leaving - no offer to take the key, or inquire if he could help in any way - what a great guy! If I were the manager, I would be looking for a replacement front desk clerk and quick)

Room Tip: Maybe your experience would be better - but I don't know that I would bet on it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Deanette M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your feed back and bring this to my attention. Its our goal to consistentently provide superior service and accommodation and yor comments are very important to us. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We would love to extend out an open invite for you to our home. Offering you a rate of 79.95 for any preferred room you desire, once again we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

Deanette Madril G.M