“Very nice place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Santa Rosa
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Covina, California, USA
“Very nice place to stay”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The front desk clerk was very nice, efficient and checked us in quickly. The rooms were very clean, the breakfast was good and, overall, just a nice place to stay. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Missouri
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stopped here on our way out west. We were going to stop earlier, but decided to push on. We got a great rate walking up. Hotel was fine. No problems.

• Stayed June 2011
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed April 2, 2011

Modern. Well-lit parking lot, helpful clerk, clean room, great bed (appeared to be new mattresses), good shower with good flow and pressure. Four pillows on bed, plenty of towels, good tv picture. I was in 2nd floor room nearest I-40. Didn't hear highway noise. Inside entrance and elevator. Free hot breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Spellbound56
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We travel between Oklahoma City and Tucson approximately every six weeks and on the return trip, we often stay here as a good half way point. Even though this hotel was built several years ago they have maintained its cleanliness. The rooms are basic, offering everything you need, and the most surprising aspect is that there is a large comfortable bathroom! For a lower cost hotel, it is excellent. I have stayed many high end hotels with a bathroom smaller than a broom closet. This hotel also offers a nice diverse breakfast in the morning. One thing I do find odd about this place is that the rooms are very long. You could almost set up a bowling alley in them! That being said they are certainly ample in width too. The staff has always been very friendly here. Overall, a great place for the money. I do not have children but the breakfast alone would probably save you $25-35 if you were to eat at Denny's or similiar.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank StimpysJourney
Northern Wisconsin
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Everything was clean and the staff was friendly. The room was quiet and everything went very well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed October 26, 2010

The hotel was new and clean. Room was big and comfortable. Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I purchased this room through hotwire for $139. The room was nice and spacious, newly refurbished, and the bed was very comfortable. Both soft and firm pillows were provided. The bathroom was spotless, and the water pressure was great.

The front desk employee was not especially helpful. She gave me a room at the back of the motel, on the second floor. I lugged my heavy luggage up the stairs, got to the room, and key card didn't work. I brought my luggage down to the car, put it back in the car, walked to the front office, and let her know the key didn't work. She was somewhat defensive, and asked whether I had demagnetized the key card (which I hadn't- it went straight into my pocket). I asked if I could be moved to the front of the motel, but she said the only rooms available were at the back, on the 2nd floor. Which was strange since the parking lot was only a 1/3 full at most. Maybe the other rooms hadn't been cleaned?

The new key card did work the second time.

I didn't try the included breakfast, which runs from 6:30-9:30 am. I was surprised the breakfast didn't run until 10 a.m.

The lobby looks like it's still being renovated, but the rooms are very nice, with contemporary furniture and linens. The motel is located off the 101, beside a Starbucks and across from a gas station. Next time I return to the Santa Rosa area, I'll likely choose a hotel that has a nicer, more picturesque location rather than return to this Holiday Inn Express.

This Holiday Inn Express is great if you are looking for a reasonably-priced, clean, safe hotel room with a comfortable bed close to the freeway.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo