“Room was filthy”

Hampton Inn Santa Rosa
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
“Room was filthy”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The room was very dirty. All corners of room and bathroom were caked with visible dirt. Did not tell them at time because we were sick and went to bed. Staff very nice. Hallways very old and carpet smelled bad,

• Stayed January 2013
reviewsforhotels, Owner at Hampton Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your dstay was not all that it could have been. However I will look into this matter and retrained my housekeeping staff.

Once again please do accept my aploigies and I do hope you come and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Madison , WI
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We usually try to stay at Hampton Inns when we travel across county to return home. We know they are affordable, clean, friendly and you can't beat the breakfasts! But this time we felt our reception was especially gracious. Jerilyn was happy to tell us of area restaurants and discounts and went beyond the usual required check-in pleasantries.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
austin,tx
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nothing of interest in Santa Rosa, so this hotel is used as an overnight stop for long road trips. We have stayed here three times between Tx and Colorado and have always been happy with comfort, cleanliness, free breakfast, etc. We will continue to use, and you should too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed in Santa Rosa because of snow storm. Gentleman at desk was accomidating and room was nice and clean. Overall above average. Hot breakfast was nice. We would stay there again. Hotel is convenient for getting on and off I-40 but road noise not a problem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Upon getting to the hotel we were extremely satisfied! The lady on reception could not have been more pleasant and helpful and extremely accommodating as we had been driving for 16 hours and were very tired!But after that our stay went downhill.

We got into out room and found a dairy queen blizzard shake in our mini fridge (gross) and an empty cheerios cereal box in the cupboard. If they forgot to clean that....what else did they forget to clean???

We then went to explore the hotel and it seamed nice and clean.

In the morning before setting off for the rest of our drive we came down for complimentary breakfast. IT WAS AWFUL!!! Im not trying to be mean because I stayed here because of reviews the hotel got and they seemed so positive I was genuinely shocked! The breakfast potatoes were cold, the eggs tasted like powder, yogurt was bad. The coffee?? tasteless. I made several cups of tea as it turned out to be the only thing worth having.

I wish the hotel had been better because the staff were great and friendly but the food and the cleanliness of the room really ruined the experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cosyla
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Traveling cross country on motorcycle, had left AZ earlier in the day. Weather was very cold, stopped for fuel at local TA and decided to call hotel for a room. On the phone greeted by Lynn and she happily said to come over and would take care of me. Sure enough, I arrived and Lynnn was very engaging at like 02:00. She had the welcome basket/water available on arrival. Offered for me to move my bike under the canopy and she would watch over it while on shift. So often, specially at that time of the day, you just don't receive such a welcoming hello but Lynn definitely went over and above that morning. My guess is that's the way she is always! Cudo's to Lynn and her hospitility.....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at the Santa Rosa Hampton Inn at the end of a long road trip. I found it clean, very comfortable, and quiet. I had a King room and it was quite nice. The breakfast was good with more variety than some hotel chains and the staff was helpful. The hotel has easy access to I-40 with several restaurants nearby. My only negative was that the room price was a bit higher than most of the others in the area. But, all-in-all, it was a good experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo