“Good Mexican Food”

Comet II Drive-In Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

A little slow seating us, but extremely clean,
Pleasant restaurant, good food, slightly higher price than expected, but not unreasonable. Waitress served us both, one on the house, delicious warm pudding.
Appeared that many locals were eating here. A good sign.

1  Thank medalguy

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We went to the Comet about 45 minutes before closing time. We were warmly greeted and seated - the table service was good. However, it took a long time for our food to come. I had the cheese and green chile quesadillas, and my husband had a western steak - a chicken fried steak with a green chile gravy. Both were very good. I had a piece of homemade cherry pie with ice cream for dessert - delicious! The restaurant has diner atmosphere and is located right on old route 66 - the main picture shows the original tiny location, but the current location is right next door and neon lit.

2  Thank mamahahn98
Reviewed September 8, 2012

There are not too many good places to eat in Santa Rosa, NM, but the Comet Drive-In is an exception. They serve diner-style American food, but Mexican dishes are very good. Burgers and fries are yummy, and we enjoyed the cherry pie and ice cream. Service is attentive and atmosphere is super casual.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

The eating options in Santa Rosa are limited. I've tried a few with weak results. The other shining reviews for the Comet were enough to get me into the dingy building I had previously avoided.

The menu is limited and there are a lot of flies inside, but it is reasonably clean and the staff friendly. What is on the menu is competently executed, but on the pricey side for the complete package. Given the options, the Comet is worth a try for basic Mexican fair.

A liquor license would be nice, some of the other less palatable places in town have one.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My hubby and I stopped in the Comet II on our way to Flagstaff! What a wonderful place! The food was the BEST Mexican food I have ever had anywhere! Our waitress was a very sweet girl and she brought the young chef out to meet us and he was very nice and an awesome cook as well! We both had the burritos topped with the home grown (by the owner) chili's and had to admit they were the best burritos that we had ate in our entire lives! When traveling the new Rt. 66 (Rt. 40) to Flagstaff/Sedona we will definitely stop in the lovely town of Santa Rosa again! Such a charming and clean little town FULL of friendly locals too! Loved it there! :))