“Good food slow service”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed September 22, 2013

It took a while for the waitress to get our drink/food order. We were about to leave until another waitress working in another section apologized for her slacking co worker and took our order. The original waitress decided to wait 2 tables, ignore us, and then proceeded to have a conversation with friends. The food was great salsa was mild but good. Glad someone there had enough work ethic to see when a table is being ignored. It wasn't even packed.

There are newer reviews for Joe's Bar & Grill Cantina

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The ambiance was pleasing and the food was good; the service was a bit slow but don't know if that was on the cooking end or the serving end. They have souvenirs, as well.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

An old lady took our order then we flicked through a newspaper/brochure providing information and things to do in Santa Rosa. Our food soon arrived - cheap, greasy, Mexican food. Can't decide if that's a compliment or criticism! There is a gift shop adjacent to the bar. The whole place lacked atmosphere, but it wasn't bad by any means.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stopped here on an overnight stay as it was the first place that looked decent. My brother and i were quote pleased with the quality of the mexican food served, fresh ingredients and very well prepared. The place is old, as is expected along old route 66, but the service was frienldly, quick and everything tasted wonderful. Not only do they serve excellent Mexican food but many other choices as well. I cannot address those as I only had the Mexican. A nice end to a very long day of travel.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I really wanted to like this place, but first the waitress seemed so unhappy to be there. Second I ordered the Italian Salad. She said " the Chinese salad? I said no the Italian salad. She said she didn't know what that was? I then opened the menu and pointed to the Italian salad. She said, Oh ok. But when I got my salad it was nothing like it was descibed in the menu. I asked her, wasn't this suppose to come with Cesear dressing and parmesian cheese? She said " Do you want ceasear dressing? Ugh!!! It is not a matter of that I want it. It is how the salad was supposed to come! When we got the bill it showed a a grilled chicken salad instead of the Italian Salad I ordered. Waitress had on a ridiculous amount of rouge/blush and just looked like a clown. My salad was bad. Sorry I really wanted to like this place. If you notice I usually give very very good reviews of most of the places I have been. It is not like me to give a bad review.