“Great Trucker-Friendly Hotel with Wonderful Staff!”

Comfort Inn Santa Rosa
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this property for a one night stay. Hotels4Truckers.com helped up find and book this hotel with a great discount. The staff was great all around. The bed was super comfortable and my wife was able to purchase bedding items from the hotel to bring with us in the truck! The housekeeping lady "Lisa" (can't remember) was exceptionally pleasant as well as the breakfast lady "Nellie"!! I would greatly recommend this location to anyone needing a clean, comfortable, and nice place to stay while passing through Santa Rosa!

Room Tip: Park on the west side of the hotel for easy truck parking. A little tight coming into the east drive...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Jyoti B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for your review and 5 star rating. It is always great to get positive feedback from our guest. Please do recommend our hotel to your Trucker friends and inform them that we do have a large truck parking space. Once again thank you for your review and your business.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Santa Rosa

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Although this hotel is on the eastern outskirts of Santa Rosa, it is easy to reach because it's only a short distance from an exit.

The property is clean and in generally good condition. Our room was a good value. This is not a new property even though an effort has been made to keep it viable. However, it does suffer from some design flaws when it was originally built. One clear example: the sink area is remarkably small. I didn't have a measuring tape with me, but it's certainly less than a yard wide. It does feel cramped.

Internet service was good and free.

The available breakfast was disappointing, but that's so often the case. Pretty much the standard fare. I couldn't bring myself to try the scrambled egg patties and I'm just not into biscuits and gravy. I guess some people are. If you are and if they are any good you might now be as disenchanted as I was (but I'm getting used to it!).

Room Tip: It would seem to make sense to avoid exterior rooms on the south side since they are pretty close to...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you thought that overall value was good. I am sorry to hear about the breakfast. What do you think we need or do to make our breakfast better? Please do email me at gm.nm141@gmail.com. I would like discuss this with you. Once again, thank you for your review and staying with us.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My colleagues and I stayed at the Comfort Inn en route to Clovis, NM. Despite arriving in the middle of the night, Michael - the front desk staff - welcomed us warmly, promptly checked us into our rooms, cracked a few jokes with our group, and recommended a local diner for breakfast. Michael greeted us warmly again in the morning.

I stayed in room 145. While a little dated overall for this big city-dweller, the main room and bathroom were both very clean; the bed was comfortable; and the shower pressure was acceptable.

I'd recommend this place to anyone making the trek through Santa Rosa, NM.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review. We are glad to hear that you thought our hotel was clean with polite staff. We know you have many choices while traveling and appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight. It was just fine. My husband, who never smells anything, commented on the strong perfume-like odor when we entered the room. We just stayed overnight between Big Bend National Park in West Texas and home in Denver. Everything was very clean which is a biggie for me. Our room's window faced the enclosed pool--very 1970s.

This hotel has NO elevator. It needs to install one. I cheaped out and saved $5 by taking a second floor room. But really, it is 2014--an elevator is pretty basic. But, what really got to me was the thing they had you initial that there would be a $500 charge for smoking in the room. I think $500 is over the top. We don't smoke--we're in our 60's. People our age who are smokers are usually dead. It just makes me feel very uncomfortable initialing something like that.

Otherwise, everything was fine and for the price this hotel is an excellent value.

Please note: the breakfast was quite generous, but unless Nellie is a guy, we didn't meet her.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank almostelderlycouple
Jyoti B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we do not have an elevator. You are right we are a 70's hotel and with only two floors therefore does not have an elevator. Also, I am sorry about the initialing the $500.00 Smoking charge. That is just our hotel policy.

We are glad to hear that everything was fine! We hope to see you again and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn and all staff we encountered were focused on Customer Service. It is an older style motel with loads of space. Our bed was incredibly comfortable.

Breakfast was extremely busy as the motel was pretty full but there were options which suited my husband and I.

Our shower did not work, which was not a hassle and Angela has arranged to give us some additional Choice Rewards.

We would recommend this motel, if you are passing this way.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am extremely sorry to hear about the shower. Please do give us an opportunity again and come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel and staff were all very good, but Nellie was exceptional. Too bad everyone can't have her excellent attitude, friendliness and work ethic. Way to go, Nellie! Overall a nice place to stay but there isn't much to do in Santa Rosa.

Room Tip: Nice place. Not much to do or see in Santa Rosa. Too bad because the potential is there.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for you recent review. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Always a pleasure but Nellie was the icing on the cake. She helped everyone, kept the dining room spic and span and kept the food and drinks all stocked up. Breakfast there was great but all in all we felt very welcome and appreciated.

• Stayed: March 2014
Jyoti B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for you review and rating. We are very proud of Ms. Nellie. I have shared your comments with all my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.