“Great place to overnight”

Comfort Inn Santa Rosa
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Comfort in on March 31 on our return trip to Minnesota from Arizona. We were welcomed by two smiling and friendly gals which is always great. This Comfort Inn was extremely clean, bed was very comfortable and room was more spacious than some of the other motels. Breakfast was very plentiful and the cute little gal keeping the food supplied walked around to all the tables and greeted us, never had this happen in any other lodging. KUDOS to the staff at Santa Rosa Comfort Inn, we will return again and again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Twyla S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we welcome you back again and again.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stopped in and did not have reservations. There were not many guests, but for some reason we were given an "inside room" with a window that looked over the indoor pool. This is a large facility and there were many empty rooms. There is no elevator, and be prepared to lug your stuff up the stairs.
Previous reviews mention the lights in the bathroom. You should bring a flash light to brush your teeth. These are strange lights and have a strange color and you really cannot see much. The floor lamps did not work, so with this inside room (219) it was like living in a cave.
Santa rosa seems to be struggling at present with many old gas stations no longer open, many closed restaurants and other closed buildings.
I do not want to seem too negative on this Comfort Inn, it is clean, quiet, it seems to have been updated, the mattress was good, the breakfast was good, and the lady serving and preparing breakfast worked hard to keep us all fed. She Was GREAT!
I don't know why they don't change out the lights.

Room Tip: Make sure you have an OUTSIDE room with a window looking out not toward the indoor pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom T
Twyla S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

We appreciate you taking time to write a review and we thank you for staying with us. We are currently looking at updating our lighting in our rooms.We appreciate the compliments on our cleanliness, breakfast and mattresses. We hope you have the opportunity to come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My title pretty much sums it up. This is an OK place to stay and an average hotel but is overpriced. I stay at Comfort Inns & Suites a lot. I had a reservation at a Comfort Inn in Albuquerque but decided I wanted to drive another 100 miles that day so I drove on to Santa Rosa. I didn't have a reservation but stopped at the Comfort Inn. The desk clerk quoted me a price of $20.00 more then it would have cost to stay in Albuquerque. I protested because Santa Rosa is a small town compared to Albuquerque. It was also $10.00 more then was stated on the Choice Hotels Website. The desk clerk said oh, that lower price is for a smoking room. (Go Figure that one.) I couldn't reserve online because I had no access to Wi-Wi prior to arriving. I was very tired by then so stayed anyway.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that they charge more for a non smoking room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, NM.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I used a free night here and were very pleased with the room. It appeared to have been newly renovated and had nice carpet and furnishings. We had room #206, at the top of the stairs. Our only complaint was that the light over the sink was extremely dim.

Room Tip: We liked #206, at the top of the stairs. It was easy to access, even without an elevator.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, NM. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We booked this room using an online service that I guess I shouldn't name. We were looking for a 2.5 star and ended up with 1.0 experience. This property is old, in bad shape and scary. We got to our room, which had the strongest deodorizer oder I have ever smelled in a hotel...it gave us a headache. The TV did not work, so we got the reception person to come up to try to fix it.
She couldn't and then escorted us to another room, and she agreed that the oder in this room was also horrible. We looked at 2 more rooms and decided that they were all bad and stayed in this room. There was something beyond gross on the bathroom door, which didn't look like it had been cleaned in a very long time. The bed was soft and against the wall, very claustrophobic and we hardly slept all night.

Room Tip: Stay here at your own risk.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vim7
Twyla S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

We apologize that your stay was less than accomodating. Please email me directly at comfortinn141@gmail.com so that we can discuss the issues directly. Again we apologize.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I just got back from staying at the Comfort Inn of Santa Rosa and have to say they are very friendly and accommodating. I stayed a couple of days to complete my advanced open water certification. It was pretty cold diving in February. But, the hotel had a very good breakfast to start the day off right. The hotel was clean an quiet. Also, I asked if I could have a late check out on my last day of diving so I could take a warm shower before leaving. They said no problem, we always try to accommodate divers. So, if you are going to Blue Hole and are a diver, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank colorado_adventure_1

Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your stay. We hope that you have the opportunity to come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have been traveling for a few days and have been staying with the Choice Hotels chain. Once again, we were not disappointed!! Great room, very friendly staff, and pet friendly for a reasonable price. The breakfast was yummy, but wish they would have had bagels or something other than just toast or pastries. Plenty of parking, including truck parking (we have a 16 ft moving truck with a car trolley in tow).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Twyla S, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you have found the Choice Hotel chain very accomodating. We hope that you have the opportunity to come stay with us again at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, NM.