“Not a bad stay”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
McAlester, Oklahoma
“Not a bad stay”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Easy to find, check in etc. Prices were reasonable. Our room was clear at the back end of the motel supposedly to make it easier for our daughter who is in a wheelchair - no handicapped parking there and also no curb cutout! Door to our room was very narrow and she had a hard time fitting thru the door in her chair. when I mentioned it to the desk as we checked out got a somewhat abrupt answer of "We are grandfathered and don't have to follow the ada compliance"! Not sure if we will stay at this one again or not. If you are not traveling with a disabled person it would be a good motel for you.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Calumet, Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2011

We had stayed in Santa Rosa,NM on our travels to AZ and had avoided this city due to previous pet friendly motels being less then desirable. However, that has changed since trying this Comfort Inn! Our room was perfect. Clean and roomy. Best of all was the pet walking area. Not just all pavement. All and all very nice facility. Felt well rested and ready to drive!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Racine WI
Reviewed February 17, 2011

My wife and I just spent a night at the Comfort Inn in Santa Rosa, New Mexico as we traveled to Flagstaff, AZ. What a pleasant experience, the price was right, room clean and the staff all friendly. Rooms was very clean and the breakfast excellent. Recommend this place for any travelor on I40.

Cliff and Alma Vacek
Racine, Wi

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
San Dimas
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Just drove into town looking for a motel. This one looked more affordable but wasn't sure how nice it would be. The room was quite nice, had a large chair with ottoman and a good rate. There were no elevators but that was the only negative. The breakfast was the best breakfast on our entire month long trip with egg and cheese omlettes, good sausage and gravy, waffles, cereal, etc. A great selection in a very attractive eating area and set up. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Lubbock
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Billed TWICE for 1 night only and can't get it cleared with the Manager Adam. He claims my partner never paid for Friday night but his credit card was debited the fee and mine was billed for Saturday night twice. He promised to clear mine up and never has!!!
We were awakened Saturday night by someone trying to get into the room and then I got a call from the Front Desk asking who was in the room. I advised I paid for Saturday night but they didn't reflect it then my card keys were inactivated in error due to their errors.. I asked the Desk Clerk Sunday morning what happened and she admitted that the Saturday morning Desk Clerk made mistakes and never checked us back in after I paid. I thought I was given my paid receipt and I never looked at it but they only gave me a piece of paper with the motel address and phone number apparently I was not given my receipt due to them billing me twice. Horror trying to ge this $91.35 error back into my account ---- SHOULDNT HAVE 2 PAY TWICE FOR 1 NIGHT !!!!!!!
**** RIP OFF BY MANAGER REFUSING TO CLEAR MY DOUBLE FEE ******

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Manager04, General Manager at Comfort Inn Santa Rosa, responded to this review, October 6, 2010
I really do disagree with this comment that was posted. When using a debit card it always holds an authorization even when you switch the credit card which happened in this case. It was also a complication between the fron desk and the guest which were an unexpected stay over hence the extra charge. I was very responsive in this guests needs but sometimes what ever I do or anybody else wont meet there expectations. I do apoligize for even having to respond to something on trip advisor that was taken care of in a timely and professional way. Please contact me in person if you have any other questions. I strive for great hospitality!
Adam G. Dodge
Sursprise,AZ
Reviewed August 1, 2010

When we stayed here, the entire hotel was booked, thankfully we had a reservation. Despite it being a "full house", it was quiet and I didn't notice any noise from elsewhere. The room and bathroom were clean. The continental breakfast was good and the staff very friendly and kind. It is close to a gas station, which is on the way back to the freeway. There was plenty of room for me, husband and 4 children. Free internet and breakfast were definitely a plus. Free and easy parking, also.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed May 4, 2010

This is a very nice Comfort Inn. The clerk was very friendly and she was able to accomodate my wishes for a ground floor room next to an exit door. The room was very nice and clean. The continental breakfast was very good. The selections were varied and the staff made sure that everything was kept stocked.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo