“Sad to say our experience was really awful here...”

Joseph's Bar and Grill
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 19, 2013

After a long day on the road, we had promised the grandsons a fun place and good diner burgers or chicken here at the famous Joseph's on Historic Route 66. It didn't turn out that way at all.

The service was absolutely horrible, almost had to seat ourselves, and the waitress, although she started out good, almost disappeared. Long wait for our food, and the chicken strips the boys had ordered were not good at all. The chicken was obviously frozen chicken strips and had not been cooked completely, it was soft and mushy and they made themselves eat some of it because they were so hungry. The fries were real dry and tasteless too.
We had mexican fare, but even that was not very good.

Unfortunately we have to say goodbye to ever trying this one again. It has such promise but it was a total disappointment!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is where the locals go when they want excellent Mexican food. Very extensive menu. This place has been here since the 50's.

1  Thank jakrogers
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We love carne adovada and can't get it at home. Loved it at Joseph's. Also got the tamales with green chili sauce and the they tasted like the meat was prepared very similarly. The main dishes were excellent. Beans were okay. Didn't like the rice. Value of the meal was fantastic if you are watching your budget. Everyone was very friendly. Planning on coming back again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was by far the worst experience I've ever had at a restaurant. It doesn't even deserve one star. First we had to wait at least 10-15 minutes just to get our drink order. While we were waiting for the 30-45 minutes for our food, two of us ran out of our beverage. When our food finally arrived, we were told they were out of gravy -- four out of five of us ordered chicken strips with gravy. Instead we got barbecue sauce. The chicken strips were overdone and of poor quality. (I make better chicken strips at home with frozen Tyson chicken strips.) These weren't even remotely worth the $9 and some change they cost. The fries weren't even good. I lost any appetite I had left just looking at the food. This is the only time I have ever told a restaurant I wouldn't pay for the food. The manager (I guess that's who she was) was obviously not happy about our complaints. But we weren't happy at all either. I ended up paying for our drinks and the kids meal we ordered. I just wanted to get out of the place. We should have just stopped at Dairy Queen.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I ate lunch at Josephs today and enjoyed it a lot. I ordered the tostadas and they were delicious and the lemonade was good too. The waitress was great. I enjoyed their small gift shop very full of Route 66 memorabilia. I did buy a few things including postcards. I would eat there again.

1  Thank Carla A