“Nice place to stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Rosa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Since the death of my husband I always travel with my dogs. LaQuinta Inn is great. The try and get me a room close to the doors to accommodate my needs and the treat me and my dogs like royalty. I have never felt embarrassed or conspicuous. They are respectful and always kind to me and my dogs. They go the extra mile to make you feel comfortable.. I try and stay at LaQuinta when ever I travel. There is never a hassel with my dogs and they provide good service for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed February 5, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stay here on our way back from Arizona. Have stayed twice. Love the hotel. Rooms are very large, bed is nice, and even has a ceiling fan. Plenty of parking. There is no elevator is the only bad thing. A small restaurant is right by the hotel, it has wonderful taco's. If you travel with pets, it is a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel is easily accessable from Highway 40 and totally understands you are tired from a long day on the road. We were on a trip from California to Dallas and stayed at La Quinta's the whole trip. This little hotel gave us a better experience than the other larger La Quinta Inn and Suites we stayed in. The staff is friendly and the breakfast has hot entrees (other than waffles which is the only hot option in the other La Quinta's), which was a great way to start the day. The refurbishing is very nice, and our room was very clean. While the TV is not HD, hopefully that will be an upgrade in the future. We had no difficulty with the reception of the TV. The beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in the past...years ago, before the renovations...it was a nightmare, dirty and worn out. A few years later we tried it again...still not much improvement.
So when I heard they had recently refurbished ( and cleaned the exterior too) I thought "ok now they'll be at least on par with others in the La Quinta chain". I was surprised at how nicely the common area and rooms looked, bright modern colors really helped. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. BUT the television reception was the worst I've seen in years and NO WiFi in our room. I called and was told " it's working" but, after unpacking another device to make sure, I tried walking down the hall with my tablet and sure enough I picked up a signal about 5 rooms away.
When I brought this to the attention of the receptionist ( the same one I had talked to on the phone) she said she had been trying to reset it "all night". Well then it wasn't' " working" when I called was it? So what happened then? I got a half hearted " sorry" and that was it. No moving to another room or a discount etc. So if you don't watch TV or want the internet ( or the fitness room, it's closed " till further notice" ) then this is a nice spot to stay....but don't count on it.

Room Tip: Near the lobby in case you want WiFi
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel had friendly staff and nice accomidations. The pool area was very clean and well maintained. We appreciaed the extra towels that were available. The nice touches were every where. Thank You.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hans P
A TripAdvisor Member
Riverside Ca
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on Dec 30 and was pleasantly surprised with the extreme cleanliness. The hotel was newly refurbished and very modern. The staff was willing to go out of their way to accommodate us for breakfast when we work up early and had to get on the road. The rooms are very large and the decor is great. The beds are very comfortable. The breakfast is great. This is the best LaQuinta I have stayed at.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family