“Not as expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Santa Rosa
mankato, mn
“Not as expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Don't stay in Room 123. Carpet has holes in it and MANY stains. Beds were clean but the coffeepot still had grounds in it. We were late and very tired and had showered by the time I really took a look around. The clock did not work, the heater was hit or miss and the sink was kind of plugged. but I am giving it a average rating because when we told them about everything in the morning, they gave us a discount and had us fill out a form and appeared to really care. They also said they had started remodeling but had started on the top floor. I always stay in LaQuinta when I can because normally they are above average.

Room Tip: Just don't get room 123 until they have remodeled.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shane D, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Rosa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We were very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We hope you will visit us again and give us the opprotunity to better serve you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

On the strength of some favorable commentary by others, we stayed at the La Quinta Santa Rosa after a long 570 mile pull. We were not disappointed. Helpful staff, a large, clean, and well appointed room were all parts of a comfortable stay. An excellent value at their price point. Awoke the next morning well rested. Had a great breakfast and we were on our way. As fate would have it, Santa Rosa was a stopping point three days later. Had a different room, but the same experience was repeated. Will stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: This property has a second floor, but no elevator. The steps consisted of two short sections and a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind rewiew. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit.
Oakdale, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here on the way to AZ. in November, review is late because my notes were "hiding" in a suit case pocket until now. Located right off of the 40, easy return to the freeway. Property has no elevator but only 2 floors, 10 steps on 2 levels to get to 2nd floor. Lobby was warm and welcoming, staff friendly and helpful.Beds were quite comfy, small frig in our room and microwave. 24 hour coffee, water, tea. Good breakfast selection from 6-9 am. Tiny toilet and shower area, sink and mirror in room space rather than the bathroom. Really enjoyed the outdoor hot tub after our long drive, it was located in a quiet outdoor area right off of the pool, not everyone may like that, but we did. Pool holds only about 16 people, I believe. Did have a minor problem with key to outside security door, needed alot of jiggling to get it to work.

Room Tip: Second floor room had a great view, but you will have to be able to climb stairs, there is no elevat...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shane D, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Rosa, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will stay with us if your ever in this area again.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed at this location on two separate occasions and was please each time. I travel for work and with one dog. Check in was easy but for some reason, they did not have me down as an elite member (I am) so I asked for a bottle of water and they gave it to me. I had a room on the second floor (204 maybe?) and even though I only stayed one night, I had a lot of stuff to bring up (dog stuff, dog bed, luggage, work stuff, etc) and they do not have an elevator. It is partly my fault since I asked for a room on the top floor. I had an excellent view from my room (the hotel is on top of a hill so I would assume each room has an amazing view of the valley below. The room itself is standard...king bed, white sheets with patterned comforter, carpet, microwave and fridge. The vanity and sink are outside of the bathroom with toilet and shower so if you travel with two people, it is convenient. The bathroom itself is slightly smaller than average but it works. I think my only complaints would be that I wish there were more accessible outlets in the room and my key cards were deactivated at 11am (checkout is at noon). I had a doctors appt in the AM so I missed breakfast but when I stayed last time, it was the normal LQ breakfast. Check out was quick. Price was ok but I expected it to be a little lower because the building is older and the rooms aren't that great. I went into the hot tub last time and it was great...very comforting.

Obviously since I stayed here twice already, I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you have trouble climbing stairs, I would avoid getting a room on the second floor since there is...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shane D, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Rosa, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for you nice review. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay but do apologize that you we're not greeted properly as an elite member. We hope you will continue to stay with us and look forward to your return.
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

Seems like a new hotel. Very clean. Dogs (2 labs) had areas where the hotel provided bags and trash cans. Easy access from the highway. Easy Internet access. It was reasonably priced and I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MrsN1911
Shane D, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Rosa, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
We're happy you enjopyed your stay at our hotel. We are pleased that your experience was comfortable. Please stop by if you are ever in this direction again. Thank you