Americas Best Value Inn
$130
$109
Motel 6 Santa Rosa(Santa Rosa)
$52
Motel 6
$63
$61
Priceline
All reviewswafflesstar hotelaffordable roomnew carpetfree wifi and breakfaststayed here for one nightcheck in was quickdesk personbed was comfortablewould stay here againfreightbeddingtruckroadroute
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My mom and I are traveling from Alabama to California and back and needed a place to stay without wrecking our bank accounts. We got a hotel discount brochure from a rest stop and this hotel was the best deal so I looked up the reviews. The two or three bad reviews were obviously from people that stupidly expected to walk into a Hilton. We asked the guy at the front desk "Are your rooms pretty decent because you had some pretty bad reviews?" he of course said yes and listed off the upgrades made and told us that the review about the refund policy was made from a guy that had stayed 4 hours, slept three of them, showered and then wanted a refund.

The hotel is right off the interstate, it's not in a major city setting but I didn't feel like I was going to get shot or robbed or "in a bad part of town". The room is small but clean. The bedding and couch is very clean and I couldn't have hoped for a better stay on this road trip budget. I have paid more for way less.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank MelissaMmM88
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Travelling through the desert southwest poses a number of challenges during any season. Winter and summer are especially hard on the elderly so since we were travelling with my partners blind 92 year old father in the middle of winter, we stopped for the night earlier then planned in Santa Rosa instead of pushing on east to Tucumcari.

We found America's Best Value Inn and despite it's ramshackle appearance from outside we continued towards registration. The desk clerk (manager) was polite, prompt in getting us checked in and most importantly went out of his way to accommodate a special request to plug-in our RV so the service-animal dogs we had wouldn't have to come in the room. More comfortable for the dogs, easier on the staff the next day.

The staff was busy doing maintenance work when we arrived, and again the next morning as we were leaving it appears that they just re branded the hotel to the AB so hopefully it's even better the next time we pass through.

Fair value, better and cleaner than most Motel 6 locations I have seen. Would recommend this hotel for any budget conscious traveler. Close to train tracks but wasn't heavily used the night we stayed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nick W
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Driving up from the back side had us wondering if we had read the TA reviews wrong. This place was definitely on the wrong side of the tracks and looked very run down, not at all like it's photo. Looking from the front as we drove to the office wasn't much better, but we decided to give it a shot anyway. When I walked into the office, the clerk looked a little shocked and said to himself that he was switching our room. I have no idea what room we would have been given, but I was obviously not what he expected.

Anyway, his son was gone at the moment, so he could not run my credit card and had no problem giving me a key and letting us into our room. We got settled, drove around town to find a place to eat and later paid the bill. The room was clean and functional and the wifi worked just fine. The TV was larger than most, but don't expect high definition because the stations were all fuzzy. The power went out once, but came right back on, and 4 trains went by. They were not very loud and all before 10 pm. We got a good night's rest and will stay here again when in Santa Rosa.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank David D
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I never expect the degree of personal attention and service we received last night. Traveling during a move, our budget was tight, and we were exhausted. Surprised is an under-statement about our reception at this hotel...the lady who checked us in was gracious and welcoming. We checked out the room, and found it clean, well-appointed and nicer than the price led me to believe it would be. The in-room coffee-maker, microwave and refrigerator all in great shape. The main room and bathroom were clean...honestly I have no idea why others are writing horrid reviews unless they just like to complain. The complimentary breakfast was what you'd expect...but it was the personal attention to detail that blew us away. We were even offered a ride to grab a late dinner since we were driving a 20' rental truck with a trailer. Who does that? Evidently, this gracious family does. I'd say the comment about a "terrible refund policy" says it all. People wanting to scam for dollars. Take a chance on this hotel, and give them the opportunity to show you how gracious and service-oriented they are!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jean J
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Just horrible - we should have never bothered checking in except to tired to continue for the day - shabby room and bath just horrendous - then the train twice during the night blowing its whistles - a derailment and crash into this place would be an improvement

Room Tip: find another town too (Santa Rosa is desolate!!!!!)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family